That’s not nice.

4d9d3c27bffa6b412ab50592bd4b7806.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Allen has a chance at a contested layup that at the very least would have resulted in free throws, but instead kicks it to our worst shooting guard for a bricked 3. :facepalm:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins!!!!!!! Huge battle beginning to end. Allen and Locke were off all night shooting, but we came through in the last 4 min and at the FT line all game!!!!!!!!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I knew this would be a letdown game. I’m glad we clawed out an ugly win.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quick Thoughts: This team does not have a true PG to get this team into good shots, consistently. Thought they grinded out a good game. Tough luck for Locke, missing some open looks. Allen played well despite not getting what he wanted to offensively. They stayed patient throughout the second half of the second half and they needed every ounce of it to win.

The way this offense is architected, the aforementioned lack of a true PG as a playmaker, and the way the defense grounds down the clock on the other end, there is a serious ceiling on this side of the ball.

Defensively, I thought the team played well, save for allowing offensive rebounds. Despite Mizzou making some tough, contested shots, they held them to 27 points in the second half as the fatigue of battling through the Gators defense wore them out.

Solid win for an average, 9-10 seed kind of team. Nice to win without playing an "A or B" game.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Let’s beat the terrible UGA and Vandy teams and stamp our ticket to the tournament.
I have zero expectations of us winning a tourney game, I’ll just be happy this years team made it.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Nice comeback win. It was a letdown game but Coach stayed the course and kept them working on D throughout. The last 10 minutes we locked down. Sometimes they’re not pretty but an ugly win is still win. Winning a game where you didn’t play well is a good sign and builds confidence. I like how we didn’t panic down the stretch. Good job, Coach White.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Quick Thoughts: This team does not have a true PG to get this team into good shots, consistently. Thought they grinded out a good game. Tough luck for Locke, missing some open looks. Allen played well despite not getting what he wanted to offensively. They stayed patient throughout the second half of the second half and they needed every ounce of it to win.

The way this offense is architected, the aforementioned lack of a true PG as a playmaker, and the way the defense grounds down the clock on the other end, there is a serious ceiling on this side of the ball.

Defensively, I thought the team played well, save for allowing offensive rebounds. Despite Mizzou making some tough, contested shots, they held them to 27 points in the second half as the fatigue of battling through the Gators defense wore them out.

Solid win for an average, 9-10 seed kind of team. Nice to win without playing an "A or B" game.

Agree with most but disagree about Andrew. I believe he is a true PG. Good ball handler, good passer, great vision, and low turnovers. On a team without a true big scorer and with not enough slashers he is limited in running the offense. He will be much different next year when we are pushing the ball hard in transition.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
A win is a win is a win. Locke seems to have hit a freshman wall. Hopefully he can't get a 2nd wind because we need him to play better down the stretch.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
A win is a win is a win. Locke seems to have hit a freshman wall. Hopefully he can't get a 2nd wind because we need him to play better down the stretch.

Locke has a hip injury. May need to rest him to see if he can heal some over the next two games.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Fire White time...1 of the worst teams in the SEC have shut down our **** hole offense

Florida down 8 and counting. Like 1 basket in 10 min

So you think Gators would have won this game if we had firedCoach White at half-time, as was your desire? C’mon man, you’ve been watching basketball way too long to be doing the fire the coach thing every time the opposing team has some momentum, for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.