Gator Basketball Gators throttle #2 Tennessee 67-54

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Here’s an idea. How about not changing the game day threads titles until the next day (or not at all even better) since some of us have to watch delayed and still browse the forum thread titles:facepalm:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s an idea. How about not changing the game day threads titles until the next day (or not at all even better) since some of us have to watch delayed and still browse the forum thread titles:facepalm:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
:scoff3:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Did not see game, but clearly a good and much needed win. But one game is not a season and if you want to be a tourney team you need/should win your home conference games. I have always said for a team like UF and most others, a win at home should not be considered an upset.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did not see game, but clearly a good and much needed win. But one game is not a season and if you want to be a tourney team you need/should win your home conference games. I have always said for a team like UF and most others, a win at home should not be considered an upset.

Attachments

• 1675341792182.png
    1675341792182.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think everyone knows that. Try enjoying a big win over a hated rival.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure no one is interested in bending over backwards to satisfy the needs of California posters. If it wasn't for Zambo, I would probably ban any activity on Gatorchatter from the west coast.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'm pretty sure no one is interested in bending over backwards to satisfy the needs of California posters. If it wasn't for Zambo, I would probably ban any activity on Gatorchatter from the west coast.
I hear they do alot of bending over in Cali anyway. Oh and maybe he should stay off the ESPN app and don't watch any TV until he has had a chance to watch the History Channel or whatever he uses to see old news. BTW the Chiefs and Eagles are in the superbowl in case he hasn't heard

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think everyone knows that. Try enjoying a big win over a hated rival.

This.

Also, considering the rough start to Golden’s first season, I think it’s a bit early to say “meh, we’re supposed to beat a #2 team at home.” If Billy the Kid were still coach, I would understand that sentiment. Those days are LONG gone thanks to mw (and foley).

I still think the new guy has a ton to prove (winning hardware and banners is the standard), but I’m hoping this is a positive sign of things to come.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't this what everyone said they wanted to see out of a new coach taking over a program in shambles? Continued improvement throughout the season? Golden started off rough here, but he stuck to his plan, has us playing some of the best defense in the country, and is making adjustments offensively to give our players the best opportunities to score. This game wasn't a ho-hum win; Tennessee is regarded as one of the best, if not the best, defensive teams in the country this year and we managed to score 67 on them with players who, let's be realistic, would have a hard time scoring on prom night given their play so far this season.

Nobody should be ready to crown Golden as the answer for what ails our basketball program, but I think there are some positive signs that give hope to that being the case. We'll see how he does on the recruiting trail and if we can continue to improve upon this win. I know one thing is for sure, I love watching this team compete a helluva lot more than a Mike White coached team.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Really good win for Golden and the Gators. Based on the post game celebration it's clear this was his biggest regular season victory of his young coaching career. There is still an outside chance this team makes the NCAA tourney. They'll need at least 2-3 more qualify W's to have an outside chance of making the dance.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Isn't this what everyone said they wanted to see out of a new coach taking over a program in shambles? Continued improvement throughout the season? Golden started off rough here, but he stuck to his plan, has us playing some of the best defense in the country, and is making adjustments offensively to give our players the best opportunities to score. This game wasn't a ho-hum win; Tennessee is regarded as one of the best, if not the best, defensive teams in the country this year and we managed to score 67 on them with players who, let's be realistic, would have a hard time scoring on prom night given their play so far this season.

Nobody should be ready to crown Golden as the answer for what ails our basketball program, but I think there are some positive signs that give hope to that being the case. We'll see how he does on the recruiting trail and if we can continue to improve upon this win. I know one thing is for sure, I love watching this team compete a helluva lot more than a Mike White coached team.

Pumper!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I haven’t had a chance to watch a single game all season because of my hectic schedule. I was hoping to get around to watching game 1 through the present this weekend to see if we have improved. But you’ve now ruined that for me with this post. Thanks.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Stunning display of defense. Tennessee is the #1 defensive team in the country, so I assume Golden used that as motivation. Held a very good UT team to under 28% shooting? I'm impressed.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Really good win for Golden and the Gators. Based on the post game celebration it's clear this was his biggest regular season victory of his young coaching career. There is still an outside chance this team makes the NCAA tourney. They'll need at least 2-3 more qualify W's to have an outside chance of making the dance.
I am sure Golden is being showered with accolades.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Mom died a couple of years ago.

reminds me of this back in the day:

"hey... go ask Billy how fast his mom can run around the block"
me: "ok.."

"Hey Billy! How fast can your mom run around the block?"
"She can't ... she doesn't have any legs"

"oh...sorry. Go Gators!"

Users who are viewing this thread