Gator Basketball Gators throttle #2 Tennessee 67-54

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Where's all the haters tonight?

At your mom's house, working out some of that anger.

I don't miss Mike White

I would lmao if the student section all bought shirts with that on it next time we host UGA. Doubt the UAA would buy them, but they can't stop the kids from buying/wearing them. :D

I'm all for celebrating, like with the locker room vid. Not sure I want to see my head coach getting picked up and hugged like a 6yo by his dad.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

gdmmm I love the passion and joy of this team and their coach. They care about each other and that helps with team chemistry. They like this feeling and that goes a long way in trying to get better. One play nobody mentioned (that I can recall) was that breaking the first real press UT put on and it was pass, pass pass pass layup. No dribblling. That is coaching.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I have been trying to tell people this for twenty years but most don’t believe me.

i-believe-in-you-i-believe-you.gif

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Great Win. Get a couple more and we in business. Loving the Golden upward trend line. Way more life than under MW.

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
gdmmm I love the passion and joy of this team and their coach. They care about each other and that helps with team chemistry. They like this feeling and that goes a long way in trying to get better. One play nobody mentioned (that I can recall) was that breaking the first real press UT put on and it was pass, pass pass pass layup. No dribblling. That is coaching.
If it's the spot I'm thinking of, it was very late, at the 1:32 mark in second half... absolutely beautiful. Six or seven crisp passes, looked like a clip out of Hoosiers.

I just really like Golden's persona... I like that he gets pissed now and then, shows some emotion.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
So 8 year olds and semi-drunk dads at carnivals are hitting 1-2 out of 5 shots on undersized rims with regulation sized balls, but WNBA pros are good for maybe 30%, including layups? Yikes.
Look here buddy. if you ain't watching 50% womyn's sports you're a bigot contributing to the gender-pay gap.

Brittany Griner will be paying you a visit shortly.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you practice and play with a smaller ball all the time, how do you not realize it right away and bring it to the refs attn? Seems odd to me.
1 inch in circumference (.31 inch in diameter) and 2 oz lighter in weight isn't that much of a difference.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If you practice and play with a smaller ball all the time, how do you not realize it right away and bring it to the refs attn? Seems odd to me.
Exactly. If you play ball with them ....YOU Would know. I used to buy my kids in PE the imtermiedate balls. I loved playing and shooting that smaller ball. And the woman's ball is just slightly bigger than that. A huge difference if you have ever used one and then the regulation ball.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. If you play ball with them ....YOU Would know. I used to buy my kids in PE the imtermiedate balls. I loved playing and shooting that smaller ball. And the woman's ball is just slightly bigger than that. A huge difference if you have ever used one and then the regulation ball.
  1. Size 7 basketballs measure 29.5” in circumference and have a standard weight of 22 oz.
  2. Size 6 basketballs measure 28.5” and have a standard weight of 20 oz. Logically, size 6 balls are slightly smaller than size 7 basketballs.
  3. For players 8 and under, size 5 basketballs are the ideal size for play. With a circumference measuring 27.5”-27.75” and a standard weight of 14-16 oz, this is the most popular basketball size for youth leagues.
There's quite a difference in weight between Size 7 and Size 5

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
1 inch in circumference (.31 inch in diameter) and 2 oz lighter in weight isn't that much of a difference.
If you play with one every day, you’d notice the difference. Even with just an inch, it would feel different in your hands. Next time you’re in a sporting goods store, go checkout a women’s ball and see if you can tell. If not, immediately after setting down, pick up a men’s ball.

I was shopping for sports shoes last week with Mrs G and could tell the difference in the weight of different shoes; even when it was only 1 oz.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't realize we had so many queers on this board. Y'all done talking about how balls feel in your hands yet or should I come back later? :grin:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Might be reason nobody noticed the weight & size difference for a whole half of game.....huh? Referees, players and coaches

edit......
The ACC & FSU denied that it was the size 7 ball but they changed at halftime.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.