Gator Basketball Gators throttle #2 Tennessee 67-54

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Might be reason nobody noticed the weight & size difference for a whole half of game.....huh? Referees, players and coaches

I have no idea your angle here but it’s top 5 most atrocious ever on this board. The fact that stephen is even against you should be a wake up call. Nobody noticed because nobody cares. The players just assume they still can’t make it in the basket consistently which is the norm, the coaches are probably on some sort of serious antidepressant from watching this disaster in both practice and now in real game, and the refs are completely checked out asking themselves how the hell they ended up here, and wondering if that night shift manager position at the Courtyard by Marriott is still open.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
So 8 year olds and semi-drunk dads at carnivals are hitting 1-2 out of 5 shots on undersized rims with regulation sized balls, but WNBA pros are good for maybe 30%, including layups? Yikes.
Did not see game, but clearly a good and much needed win. But one game is not a season and if you want to be a tourney team you need/should win your home conference games. I have always said for a team like UF and most others, a win at home should not be considered an upset.

ace-ventura-fight.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have no idea your angle here but it’s top 5 most atrocious ever on this board. The fact that stephen is even against you should be a wake up call. Nobody noticed because nobody cares. The players just assume they still can’t make it in the basket consistently which is the norm, the coaches are probably on some sort of serious antidepressant from watching this disaster in both practice and now in real game, and the refs are completely checked out asking themselves how the hell they ended up here, and wondering if that night shift manager position at the Courtyard by Marriott is still open.
Initially, I firmly believed everyone involved should have immediately recognized the ball was the wrong size. However, after reading your post, I’m now convinced I was incorrect. I’m now in the camp that wonders how they ever figured it out.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you play with one every day, you’d notice the difference. Even with just an inch, it would feel different in your hands. Next time you’re in a sporting goods store, go checkout a women’s ball and see if you can tell. If not, immediately after setting down, pick up a men’s ball.

I was shopping for sports shoes last week with Mrs G and could tell the difference in the weight of different shoes; even when it was only 1 oz.

Correct

There’s a significant difference even though it sounds small.
I find it nearly impossible to believe that those women could not tell that they were playing with a larger ball.
I think the coach is looking for an excuse.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did not see game, but clearly a good and much needed win. But one game is not a season and if you want to be a tourney team you need/should win your home conference games. I have always said for a team like UF and most others, a win at home should not be considered an upset.
Dang Buzz

1675541263703.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb