Gator Basketball Gators vs MSU In the SEC Tournament

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Kowacie is a player. His shot didnt fall this year. Did Todd mess up his shot. Had Reeves shot better we win 2-3 more games easily. We desperately needed another big in there with Castle. All the other schools had them. And still we won half the sec games..........

We were an 8th seed in a down SEC

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You know the program is down bad when effort is all I see being lauded :lol:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I cant believe i agree with coach. I think this dude can coach and get the most of the kids on the roster. Problem is the kids on the roster arent very good. This will come down to the same thing it usually does... crootin.

If golden can bring in some big time players he's gonna be here a long time and we are gonna be very happy. if he cant his tenure will be short lived.
Yes, can only coach them up to an extent. Monster players with innate abilities do much more with good coaching and scheme than mediocre/decent prospects can. You need some guys that can take over games. :insert thanks captain obvious here:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Did not see the game but just saw highlights. Just asking why down one and enough time you would not put the ball into the combo of most athletic and strongest player (24) with the ball in his hands on the last possession, especially when they were not denying a 25 ft. inbounds pass?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Did not see the game but just saw highlights. Just asking why down one and enough time you would not put the ball into the combo of most athletic and strongest player (24) with the ball in his hands on the last possession, especially when they were not denying a 25 ft. inbounds pass?

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Should have gone to Kugel. The thought was probably Jones was the only one who could make a 3pter though

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You know the program is down bad when effort is all I see being lauded :lol:

Considering the team’s penchant for wilting in the second half over the last few years, this is an improvement considering the lack of talent on the roster. As Durty mentioned, let’s see if the recruiting improves.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Is it good enough? No. But I will take the positives that this team never seemed to tank it. Played hard and adjusted their coaching when their best player went down. I will hang my hat on that and be cautiously optimistic that with a decent recruiting class and maybe a surprise transfer or two they can turn the corner.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Considering the team’s penchant for wilting in the second half over the last few years, this is an improvement considering the lack of talent on the roster. As Durty mentioned, let’s see if the recruiting improves.

I mean I guess it’s a good thing until you remember we’ll have a completely different team next year :dunno:

Not yet at the point of looking for silver linings in an NIT season

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I mean I guess it’s a good thing until you remember we’ll have a completely different team next year :dunno:

Not yet at the point of looking for silver linings in an NIT season

This team is pretty different than last year and the year before. Seems like a lot of good talent was chased away by white’s stand-and-dribble offense, and Golden had to start almost from scratch (Castleton being pretty much the only quality carryover). At least this year’s version showed some grit in the final 10 minutes of most games. But our current talent level is definitely lacking.

If Golden can croot anything close to Billy, he might make Gator bball fun again. That’s a big IF, but since it’s TG’s firs year, I’m willing to give him more time before I start throwing rocks at him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get to watch the game and haven't been able to the last few weeks so I'm probably not as pissed as some of you or as much as I would be. I will say this again. I think Golden can coach. We got a few young players coming back next year that are pretty good. I'm not that down on him. I'll be watching how he recruits the '24 class and the transfer portal like a hawk. I'd like to see what he can do if got some studs.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Durty going soft right in front of our eyes. Never thought I’d see the day.
I call em like I see em. Just because most of the time I see epic suckage doesn't mean I can't say otherwise when warranted. Perhaps if we had an AD worth a crap you'd here more positivity from me.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This team is pretty different than last year and the year before. Seems like a lot of good talent was chased away by white’s stand-and-dribble offense, and Golden had to start almost from scratch (Castleton being pretty much the only quality carryover). At least this year’s version showed some grit in the final 10 minutes of most games. But our current talent level is definitely lacking.

If Golden can croot anything close to Billy, he might make Gator bball fun again. That’s a big IF, but since it’s TG’s firs year, I’m willing to give him more time before I start throwing rocks at him.

If he gets a new “OC” I’ll agree. Reeves is also a dude if we’re being honest. Not sure why he regressed so badly under TG

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Man, that’s pathetic. I thought we should’ve hired a coach with NIT expectations. Aim low and you’ll hit your target every time.

I’m just holding TG to the same standards he holds himself to is all :dunno:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I call em like I see em. Just because most of the time I see epic suckage doesn't mean I can't say otherwise when warranted. Perhaps if we had an AD worth a crap you'd here more positivity from me.
Probably not....

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
SDS has had a fine time putting out hit pieces on UF recently. Sure some of it is self-owned, but they seem to go out of their way to accentuate any negative line they can find on UF. Didnt see similar pieces on Nate Oats or Buzz or even Pearl. Such is life as a Gator these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.