Gators vs Tigers Hoops Thread

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we set a record for missed shots under 2 feet...layups, tips, nothing falling. Frazier needs to get off the gun-shy act and keep firing.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n155397 said:
Why is it McDonald's All Americans are great on other teams and ours suck? What are the chances of that?

Maybe because Billy's system seems to stress stingy defense and unselfish play and making the extra pass on offense (sometimes to a detriment). A lot of those ball-dominant, 5 Star McDonald's All-Americans don't want to play in a system like that. I dunno. That's just my observation. Maybe I'm grasping at straws. :dunno:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n155388 said:
I think it needs to be said...how long is Donovan here for going forward? I know, probably just being a worrywart, still it concerns me

I said that to my wife the other day. He's not having much fun with this bunch and I seem to recall reading somewhere that he said this is the toughest group to coach he's had yet. Fearful he'll have his agent put some feelers out to the NBA and try his hand. He's got nothing left to prove to himself in the college ranks other than trying for some all-time win records.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Worst case is Billy leaves. Only way I'd be happy is if Shaka Smart replaced him...

no im not sayin I'd rather have Smart**

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n155407 said:
I said that to my wife the other day. He's not having much fun with this bunch and I seem to recall reading somewhere that he said this is the toughest group to coach he's had yet. Fearful he'll have his agent put some feelers out to the NBA and try his hand. He's got nothing left to prove to himself in the college ranks other than trying for some all-time win records.

This is what I am most worried about. This group being SO bad they chase him away from Florida. They are truly a terrible team, and they can't be fun to coach

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n155396 said:
Hopefully, Brandone Francis will come in and be as good as advertised next year. I won't hold my breath though. Beal was the last kid to come in and be a significant contributor for us and he's a star in the NBA.

I don't think he's that kind of player. Devin Robinson was actually our highest rated recruit. He may develop into a pretty good player but I don't think he's an instant impact.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys think we suck now, imagine this team without Billy that's a scary thought.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n155417 said:
This is what I am most worried about. This group being SO bad they chase him away from Florida. They are truly a terrible team, and they can't be fun to coach

That wouldn't cause him to leave UF...the intrigue of the NBA would. BD doesn't strike me as someone who runs from a challenge, but it's gotta be a big change from the senior laden overachievers he just had.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n155421 said:
That wouldn't cause him to leave UF...the intrigue of the NBA would. BD doesn't strike me as someone who runs from a challenge, but it's gotta be a big change from the senior laden overachievers he just had.

I don't think he is going to the NBA. That ship sailed with the Magic imo

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will worry if the Cavs fire blatt. The Cavs was hard after Billy before they signed LeBron. It would probably be hard for him to pass up an opportunity to coach LeBron James, the best to ever play the game.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sigh again. I have accepted this season as a wash. I love my gator bball and will support them with gusto but this is painful. I don't think LeBron would like playing in Billy's system. Plus would Billy D want to deal with NBA prima donnas. Ain't nobody got time fo that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n155426 said:
Sigh again. I have accepted this season as a wash. I love my gator bball and will support them with gusto but this is painful. I don't think LeBron would like playing in Billy's system. Plus would Billy D want to deal with NBA prima donnas. Ain't nobody got time fo that.
He never really closed that door. He never really ruled out ever going to the nba

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's said repeatedly that it "intrigues" him. It'll happen one day. I was just hoping he waited until all his kids graduated...from med school. :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
He's made comments about how the NBA is intriguing. But I think it would have to be the perfect fight. Cleveland ain't it. By the way, hiring Blatt was one of the stupidest moves. When James decided on cleveland I thought it wouldn't end well for Blatt

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't get to watch the game tonight. On a scale of Dust Buster to Dyson, how bad did we suck?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n155477 said:
Didn't get to watch the game tonight. On a scale of Dust Buster to Dyson, how bad did we suck?

Just couldn't shoot. Missed 3s, jumpers, lay-ups and FTs. LSU shot over 50% behind the arc and for the game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n155477 said:
We looked pretty bad. Probably not as bad as the score indicated.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Stats...if you can see them on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.