Gator Basketball Gators waxed by horrid MSU team to drop to 12-8

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At home. ... tonight 7pm ... ESPN2 ...

MSU - 12-7 ... PPG 72.7 ...... FG% 45.9% ..... 3s% 32.9% .......FT% 73.4% .... Reb 39/game ... TOs 14.1/g

Reggie Perry 16.4-ppg 6'10" F (Soph) = the guy to stop
Carter 13.6 ppg 6'4" G (Sr)
Weatherspoon 12.2 ppg 6'2" G (Jr)
Woodard 11.5 ppg -- 6'7" G (So)
Stewart 9.6 ppg -- 6'6" G (RFr)

Note: #1 = tall guards at 6'7", at 6'6" ??
Auburn beat MSU by 12 ------ Bama beat them by 21 ----- but LSU beat them by 1
Last game Oklahoma beat them by 1

Guess this is a toss-up game, yet it shouldn't be.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At home. ... tonight 7pm ... ESPN2 ...

MSU - 12-7 ... PPG 72.7 ...... FG% 45.9% ..... 3s% 32.9% .......FT% 73.4% .... Reb 39/game ... TOs 14.1/g

Reggie Perry 16.4-ppg 6'10" F (Soph) = the guy to stop
Carter 13.6 ppg 6'4" G (Sr)
Weatherspoon 12.2 ppg 6'2" G (Jr)
Woodard 11.5 ppg -- 6'7" G (So)
Stewart 9.6 ppg -- 6'6" G (RFr)

Note: #1 = tall guards at 6'7", at 6'6" ??
Auburn beat MSU by 12 ------ Bama beat them by 21 ----- but LSU beat them by 1
Last game Oklahoma beat them by 1

Guess this is a toss-up game, yet it shouldn't be.

I agree, both the games this week should be gimmees (Miss State/Vandy) but there is no such thing with this team.
Hopefully, we take care of our business

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Win or lose, everyone will want Mike White fired.

This is a must win if we gonna make the tourney.

Regardless of the opinions on this board the key thing to remember is that no matter how this season ends, CMW is going nowhere in the next 2-3 years because the administration will never make the move.

I complain as much as the next guy but I don’t call for his firing because it’s a waste of energy.

What I try to do is focus on specific concerns in hopes they are addressed as our coach learns to ride without his training wheels.

What gets me going is when people try selling that all is well and that no other coach out there would do any better because that’s just not true

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
MSU has been disappointing in my opinion but have rebounded from a 0-3 start in the SEC. UF is the better team, but this is not a gimme, but being at home should propel us to a W. MSU is very athletic and as most Howland teams will play a physical style. As much as I liked Howland as a coach at Pitt and UCLA, I am not sure how much he has put into his gig at MSU as I think they have played below their abilities during his tenure. But they have enough talent to beat anyone in this league.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I cant wait for the amazing time that I am going to have tonight in the o'dome.

Have a great time. If you do not already have ducats, I just checked Vivid Seats and they have tickets available for as low as $2 each, which means if you hang around outside someone will give you a ticket prior to the game. I am sorry but this is sad for a building that only holds about 10K and a 7pm conference game

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Have a great time. If you do not already have ducats, I just checked Vivid Seats and they have tickets available for as low as $2 each, which means if you hang around outside someone will give you a ticket prior to the game. I am sorry but this is sad for a building that only holds about 10K and a 7pm conference game

I like giving money away to UF apparently. My gymnastics tickets are currently worth more than the basketball tix. I guess that's a good thing

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will finally get to watch one live........ on TV that is. Go Gators.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Win or lose, everyone will want Mike White fired.

This is a must win if we gonna make the tourney.

So the "pundips" going by the "can't-miss" stars that White signed had UF ranked at # 6.... #6 Louisville is 17-2. FSU is 17-2 I think.

So how many of our remaining games are now must-wins to get in?

Further ... when will our program catch up with FSU? Better yet does FSU have a good assistant coach we could steal?
If we cannot find a present-day HC to hire away from his successful program, what about their top assistant?" But above all make sure he's 6'5"+ so he will have experience in the superior value of close-in baskets. With White Florida has no place to go but to miss out.

White's done his work with these talented stars for all those practices, all those games (near 20) and I can see no patterned-play that this team has demonstrated.?? No "go-to" repetitive choices of offensive attack. And he calls his time-outs in an untimely fashion : leads are lost in dumbfounded stretches-- ask "Lee-for-three, he notices. UF deserves better. Hey Stricklin, go find better.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So the "pundips" going by the "can't-miss" stars that White signed had UF ranked at # 6.... #6 Louisville is 17-2. FSU is 17-2 I think.

So how many of our remaining games are now must-wins to get in?

Further ... when will our program catch up with FSU? Better yet does FSU have a good assistant coach we could steal?
If we cannot find a present-day HC to hire away from his successful program, what about their top assistant?" But above all make sure he's 6'5"+ so he will have experience in the superior value of close-in baskets. With White Florida has no place to go but to miss out.

White's done his work with these talented stars for all those practices, all those games (near 20) and I can see no patterned-play that this team has demonstrated.?? No "go-to" repetitive choices of offensive attack. And he calls his time-outs in an untimely fashion : leads are lost in dumbfounded stretches-- ask "Lee-for-three, he notices. UF deserves better. Hey Stricklin, go find better.
I’m starting to get the feeling that Mike White gets and keeps jobs due to family name. He’s a good recruiter but his team’s performances leave a lot to be desired. I do not think it would take a special coach to squeeze the results out of the talented kids we have this year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Let the good times roll

tenor.gif

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I wish i could watch but my kids have “ninja warrior” training in 25 minutes. Things we do for our kids...

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 12-7 at the under 16 timeout. Lewis has a put back, 2 3pters, and a step back 2...Locke airballed an uncontested 3pter and missed another open 3pter

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator