Gator Basketball Gators waxed by horrid MSU team to drop to 12-8

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Haven’t watched a full b-ball game since the 2016 season. Just nothing fun about it. He absolutely has to go

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If this was Mullen...Football he'd be GONE.

I thought we demanded only excellence for our Elite University?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The only requirements for the next coach should be he is over 6'5" tall, weighs more than 220lbs and never ever played point guard.

My requirement is someone better than Mike White. Billy D is 5'9 and 160 pounds soaking wet. Knowing Sticklin he'll probably swing for the fences, not get his top choice and we end up with Ben Howland :).

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
If all the players are coming back but obviously blackeshire it makes sense to keep white as bad as he is coaching. We just got to hope these growing pains help next year. I'd just write this year off and hope next year it pays off. He's never had that much talent as he will next year. It financially doesn't make sense to pay the buyout. Usually you fire a coach because talent is diminishing and you could make the case next year we will be super talented. Why pay the buyout and start over? I'd hope the Elite eight is more what we see he doesn't seem to coach young players well. I've decided as a business man I'd keep him. Obviously I'd fire him if there wasn't a buyout but there is and you can't ignore that. V

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't watch much Gator hoops anymore, but I watched part of the game last evening. I just don't get the feeling that these kids know how to play as a team, at least consistently and for extended stretches during the game. When I see a kid dribble up on the change of possession and pull up for a long jumper, often times contested and without any effort to start an offensive set, it tells me that there is not much of a plan about how best to attack the team we are playing. Even if the player hits the shot it tends to create an attitude of selfishness ("I'm gonna get mine...") and erodes any effort toward team goals. We also have instances where we get lost on picks defensively, giving up scoring position or winding up in a mismatch if we have to resort to a switch. These are just a couple of quick looks. Obviously there are many other problems if we blew an early 16 point lead to lose by 7. That's a 23 point differential. The only way we win in a contest like this is if the power goes out at the point we have a lead and the visitors have to get home in a hurry, load up, and forfeit. In a nutshell, we've got 8-10 pretty good young players and a senior transfer...and 1 not so good team. The math is easy on this one.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
My requirement is someone better than Mike White. Billy D is 5'9 and 160 pounds soaking wet. Knowing Sticklin he'll probably swing for the fences, not get his top choice and we end up with Ben Howland :).

My point is I want a coach that knows how to use big men and the inside game. I want guards that punish 3 point shooters and drives in the lane. Bring back basket brawl. Well, at least a degree of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator