Gator Basketball Gators whipped by struggling Auburn, 76-62

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I’m not sure the team is better next year . We lose our most consistent scorer but will gain athleticism . The problem is you can’t keep good teams under 60.
We will gain 3 players at least that would start on Duke or UK any year basicially....we will be 1 million times better

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still, how Mike White holds this team together will be a testimony on whether he can think effectively enough to put a competitive University of Florida basketball team on the court? the rest of this year or into the next year. This year's debacle definitely casts doubt on White's ability to actually lead and form any guys into a cohesive unit? The Gators should not see struggling and confusion at creating plays even next year.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
This bothers me,I believe Coach White stated that he is at a loss figuring out how to get the young men to play better offense, then in a low scoring game complain about the defense lapses. I wonder what the players think about that, certainly doesn't instill confidence in themselves or the head coach.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You're a fine Gator, Alagator. I can't keep the concept bridled that players may be lost and think White is a fraud as a coach - similar to the Mac collapse.?? But these SEC teams clobber a lot of cupcake teams; are any of them quitting on their coach? If you really hate losing, then start playing to win.

Or the players lack basic motivation that they should all have no matter who the coach is or what he is doing.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This bothers me,I believe Coach White stated that he is at a loss figuring out how to get the young men to play better offense, then in a low scoring game complain about the defense lapses. I wonder what the players think about that, certainly doesn't instill confidence in themselves or the head coach.

Confidence comes from performance, not talking about potential performance.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For sure, young players competitive enough to stand out in high school, come to UF and lose the desire to shine, to win. They enter the court under the spotlight, cheering fans watching, and they don't put forth a full effort, they forget how to score, they let their opponent shut them -- and on television too. What? Suddenly, 12 or so basketball athletes have come unraveled all on their own accord. What? Is it a 12-players' conspiracy to flop? Just watch White from here on... and next year also.

Bobby Knight made Indiana a top team. He left and the ensuing Indiana roster became kids with no talent? Subtract Wooden from UCLA and those new kids came without talent? Those 5*s incoming next year, come with similar desire and talent-worth as all incoming high school stars "drafted" do. Like the ones UF has "drafted" in the prior years. Every university is proud of their coach-hiring because that coach is gonna guide the Program to success.

Okay, accept this woeful season as a fluke confluence of across the boards failures that we 'shruggle' off with zero explanations sought ... or blame it on all 12 players helplessly watching their CBB careers blighted ?? We cannot turn to the coach for answers; he's already capitulated that he doesn't have a clue as to what to do. Just coach like other SEC coaches are doing.

Preseason predictions by the experts had these teams behind Florida, saying Mike White had the players to finish here or even better. Teams picked to finish behind us =
Alabama
LSU
USC
Vandy
Mizzou
Arkansas
Tex A&M
UGa
Ole Miss

Expert evaluaters were saying we had the horses to beat their horses. Let's at least observe and be post-season judges. Next year, White can't be this way. He can't roll out the same concepts, stick with never remedied shortfalls.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We will gain 3 players at least that would start on Duke or UK any year basicially....we will be 1 million times better

I hope you are right. The last can't miss freshman we had played pretty crappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator