Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, after over a decade, the executives in charge have decided to shut down the GSMB for good. It was a harmless joke thread that finally sent the entire forum into the abyss. I'd really, really love to replace the GSMB with this forum.

I am new to creating and running forums, but I do know what I like and what I don't. I'd like to eventually make this place far better than the GSMB ever was. However, it's going to take time and money, and I'm going to need input to get it where it needs to be.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Start by advertising. Hit the GV Sun face book page and see if they'll leave a message up to all former posters there. Don't post a link, just request that interested folks message you. Then set up a paypal account or we can have a bake sale or something.

Oh, and mod me so I can ban Law every now and then.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's Ox's fault for moving it from the Lounge. And to everyone else who posted in it. Y'all deserve a heavy spankin.' Disruptive idiots.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm here. Been stressed out since that board went off line. Football season just won't be the same.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n79 said:
I'm here. Been stressed out since that board went off line. Football season just won't be the same.
If we can get the same large membership here, it will be better.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n81 said:
If we can get the same large membership here, it will be better.

Agreed. Can't you hack into Gator Sports and send everyone a PM? Contact Russ and see if he still has all the email addresses. I've got Rowdy's email...

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't it G8rbob (or something like that) that sent the e-mail about the hamster?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n85 said:
Wasn't it G8rbob (or something like that) that sent the e-mail about the hamster?

:lol: I thought that was simply made up.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n85 said:

I believe it was bradgator and it was made up.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The harmless hamster joke sent them over the edge?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I posted the link to this place on the Gatorsports Facebook page. Honestly, if for one minute I thought the Sun was going to overreact the way it did, I'd have never posted that thread. I'm really taken aback their decision.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n112]I posted the link to this place on the Gatorsports Facebook page. Honestly, if for one minute I thought the Sun was going to overreact the way it did, I'd have never posted that thread. I'm really taken aback their decision.[/QUOTE]

I honestly believe it will be for the better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n112]I posted the link to this place on the Gatorsports Facebook page. Honestly, if for one minute I thought the Sun was going to overreact the way it did, I'd have never posted that thread. I'm really taken aback their decision.[/QUOTE] Screw em. They treated the GSMB like an ugly stepchild and their decision was more than likely based on the fact that it would cost them a few bucks to upgrade the server and those cheap bastards used it as an excuse. We can grow this board....just take a little time.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n110 said:
The harmless hamster joke sent them over the edge?
From what I was hearing was that the hamster joke email was actually never sent to them.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n116 said:
Screw em. They treated the GSMB like an ugly stepchild and their decision was more than likely based on the fact that it would cost them a few bucks to upgrade the server and those cheap bastards used it as an excuse. We can grow this board....just take a little time.
Yep. Stupid bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator