Gay couple married by Justice Ginsburg arrested on rape charges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,371
    Ratings:
    +8,426 / -314
    Opera singer, 52, and his husband are arrested for 'raping' man | Daily Mail Online

Opera singer, 52, and his husband are arrested for 'raping' man, 23, who claims he 'blacked out and woke up bleeding' after spending the night with the pair in 2010
    • David Daniels and his husband Scott Walters were arrested in Michigan on Tuesday
    • They remain in jail awaiting extradition to Houston, Texas, to face charges
    • They are accused of raping Samuel Schultz when he was 23 in 2010
    • Schultz publicly claimed last year that the pair raped him after giving him something to drink which he said made him black out
    • The couple angrily denied the allegations and say the sex was consensual
    • Daniels has been sued in the past by a University of Michigan student who claims he sexually harassed him
    • He was also investigated by police for allegedly soliciting sex through Grindr but was never charged
    • The University of Michigan, where he is a professor, continues to pay him a salary of $191,000
    ''I remember David saying, “Don't worry about the BB thing, I'm totally negative.''
    'BB in this case meant bareback, otherwise known as raping me without a condom,' Schultz wrote.

He said he decided to report the pair to police after eight years because he was emboldened by the #MeToo movement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GatorAlways

GatorAlways Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $335
    Ratings:
    +538 / -271
    And? So?

How many rapists and murderers have been married by conservative judges? Thousands? And not a single one is worthy of a post.

We get it - you don’t like her. All liberals are bad, yada, yada, yada.

I swear, between this and the Ginsburg death post with multiple people wishing she would croak over.

You all have a hard on for her.

• Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
      $4,371
      Ratings:
      +8,426 / -314
      And what? Justice Ginsburg married them and now they are charged with rape. You don't think people would find that newsworthy?

• Like Like x 4
      • Drunk Drunk x 1
      • List
      • GatorAlways

GatorAlways Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
        $335
        Ratings:
        +538 / -271
        No. Why should they? She married them. They are accused of rape.

This happens countless times per year across the country to numerous judges of all political persuasions. I bet it’s happened to many a Supreme Court Justice throughout their career. and you pick this one, just because you have a hard on for her.

Jeez - just let it go. You already have a very popular post celebrating and wishing her death. Post in that one.

• Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
          $4,371
          Ratings:
          +8,426 / -314
          Show me one that happened recently with any of the other SC Justices?

What post would that be? I hear she is going to be at the SOTU actually.

• ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix In shambles
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $5,367
            Ratings:
            +12,880 / -445
            Sick minds do sick things.

• AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $5,628
              Ratings:
              +12,388 / -29
              ...says the same fool who started a thread because a kid smirked while wearing a MAGA hat.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You see the speck in his eye but you are blind to the 2x4 in your own eye.

Let's practice a little intellectual honesty, shall we?

It's not a reflection on Ginsburg that some dudes she married are accused of rape.

It's not a reflection on Hillary that Weinstein is an abusive pig. And Epstein. And Bill. Weiner too.

It's not a reflection on Barack Obama that he's tight with racists like Farrakhan. And Rev. Wright.

It's certainly not newsworthy if somebody wearing a "Yes We Can" shirt or an "I'm With Her" shirt commits a crime.

But if it is a MAGA hat, well, that's another matter entirely, amirite? If a guy wearing a MAGA hat leaves a bad tip, does a poor job of parking, or smirks, that's newsworthy.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Alex.

• gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                $2,623
                Ratings:
                +2,651 / -266
                I liked this post...then unliked it just so I could like it again.
                Truly captures the utter hypocrisy of what's deemed "newsworthy" of the mainstream media.

• GR8 2B

GR8 2B A Florida Gator
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $2,815
                  Ratings:
                  +3,699 / -60
                  It's my understanding that she officiated at their wedding before the Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage was legal. It was a very controversial move by her, and she should have recused herself from the vote because her doing so supports a perception that she was not impartial when that issue came before the court. This back story makes this newsworthy. There's another angle, that government should have nothing to do with religious practices, but I'll leave that alone.

• FlyingGator

FlyingGator Well-Known Member
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $785
                    Ratings:
                    +864 / -4

It would become a national story if a baker refused to make them a sentencing cake with them in a prison shower though! :rainbow:

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $4,593
                      Ratings:
                      +10,566 / -1,233
                      JESUS C we all apologized for the abomination of anonymously calling out the smirker and the faux marine/injun. How long is that gonna bother you,.........its not like a Priest with bad intent was involved....................do you also wish RBG dead..............you seem ok with all that garBAGE cause you never jumped in the fray..................

• Facepalm Facepalm x 3
                      • Dislike Dislike x 1
                      • Drunk Drunk x 1
                      • List
                      • g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $5,220
                        Ratings:
                        +8,098 / -88
                        After Alex's post, I think I'd take a hiatus if I were Always. :lmao2:

• alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                          $3,801
                          Ratings:
                          +10,600 / -463
                          There is also seems to be a crossing of the line when considering her post. Were they close friends? Was this done prior to the lifting of the gay marriage ban? Does she officiate traditional marriages? On the face of it she played a political move and took a political position, not at all becoming of a Supreme Court justice

• g8r.tom

g8r.tom Well-Known Member
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $1,900
                            Ratings:
                            +1,996 / -53
                            If the rapists were wearing MAGA hats you would have started the thread.

• AuggieDosta

AuggieDosta I Don't Re Member

Oxbucks:
                              $1,204
                              Ratings:
                              +1,203 / -124
                              Awe come on PE, let's not associate someone's (Alex) thinking based on their in-action.

But Alex can defend himself. Just sayin.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
                                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $5,106
                                Ratings:
                                +9,411 / -527
                                Wow that Homo went full savage....

• AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
                                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                  $5,628
                                  Ratings:
                                  +12,388 / -29
                                  I don't wish RBG dead. I do wish she'd retire because I think her faculties are compromised and she's only hanging on for political reasons. I think she's often wrong, but still brilliant (unlike Sotomayor who's actually pretty dim). Under normal circumstances, she would have retired under Obama while Dems controlled the Senate so he could replace her with another radical. Obama lost the Senate. She decided to hold on until Hillary was elected (Hillary's approval rating was through the roof at that time). She savored the idea of having the first woman president name her replacement (hopefully with a new Democrat senate being elected on her coattails). What I wouldn't give to have been a fly on the wall in her house on election night 2016...but I digress. No, I do not wish her ill. Despite our vast legal differences, I don't want her dead. I just want her retired because it's looooooong overdue. There. Now I'm in the fray.

I'm not sure I posted in the MAGA hat smirker thread at all. I don't think I did. Did I? Am I OK with it because I didn't jump into that fray??? I don't post in every single thread, even if I have strong opinions about a matter. Do not misinterpret my silence in a thread as tacit approval or tacit disapproval of any issue.

My point here isn't to beat Always up for that thread...it's to beat him up for his hypocrisy and lack of intellectual honesty; faults he quickly and easily identifies in others but is blind to in himself. He started a thread that was only "newsworthy" because a kid was wearing a MAGA hat. If it wasn't for that hat, no way he would have started that thread. Then he comes over here and scolds the OP for starting a thread that isn't newsworthy just because RBG married the dudes accused of rape. Do you see the hypocrisy Coach? That's my point. Besides, I have no respect for Always. He attacked me personally without provocation. I gave him a fair and honest opportunity to correct the situation. He chose to slap the olive branch out of my hand and explained his behavior was justified because the entire forum is sexist/racist/homophobic/mean/whatever. He's an ass. You're a good and honorable man Coach. I care what you think. I don't give a fcuk about Always.

Getting back to you...what do you mean by a Priest with bad intent? Are you talking about those Black Hebrew Israelites spewing all the hate? Or do you mean the Catholic priest pedophile scandal? If it is the latter, what does that possibly have to do with the discussion of the smirking MAGA hat kid? I don't understand???

Alex.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                    $4,790
                                    Ratings:
                                    +7,121 / -217
                                    Poor judgement.

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
                                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                    $4,593
                                    Ratings:
                                    +9,097 / -30
                                    This is newsworthy on many fronts.

1---They were married by a Supreme Court Justice
                                    2---The marriage took place with a lot of fanfare and was newsworthy
                                    3---David Daniels is a world renowned tenor with the San Francisco opera
                                    4---David Daniels is a prominent faculty member in the the University of Michigan School of Music
                                    5---David Daniels and his husband are accused of drugging someone and raping them
                                    6---David Daniels and his husband have been arrested

You don't think if David Daniels world renowned opera star and prominent member of the University of Michigan School of Music and was married by Ruth Bader Ginsberg; you don't think that would be in the news if David Daniels were heterosexual and he and his wife drugged a man, raped him, and was arrested? You don't think that would get in the news?

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
                                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                      $7,264
                                      Ratings:
                                      +16,372 / -100
                                      Can we just make an emote of this to save time when responding to Coach’s posts?