GCMB Poll: Best UF play you've seen

Choose one

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Aside from James Jones' unbelievable catch to beat Miami in 1982, I'm intentionally keeping this recent to ensure everyone gets involved. It's hard to leave out Cris Collinsworth's 99-yard TD toss to Derrick Gaffney in his first UF game, in 1977.

I'm sure I'm leaving out something important, but remember, I'm old and senile. Feel free to add your own takes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hambrick's INT return against UGA in the Swamp. He had not chance to score. They had him hemmed in on the sideline.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I voted Heave to Cleve because it’s the only one on the list I was there for. And the play wasn’t in OT.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really need 20 choices, but I think these 10 are good ones.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) James Jones
8e66f1a4b2760c6e4ea53a66d520d377.jpg

2) Franks' Hail Mary game winner

3) Spikes-Knowshon
FoolhardyWhisperedArgali-size_restricted.gif

4) Wright levels OK receiver

5) Wuerffel to Doering

6) Tebow trucks defender

7) Lito's IT and return

8) Cleveland burns LSU

9) Johnson to Jacquez overcomes FSU (0:28 seconds)

10) Grier to Callaway
Florida Pulls Off Improbable Win vs. Tennessee"]Florida Pulls Off Improbable Win vs. Tennessee
Hi

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hambrick's INT return against UGA in the Swamp. He had not chance to score. They had him hemmed in on the sideline.

Great choice. Outside of Lito’s return, this is by far the most mind-boggling play of them all. Should’ve been tackled 15 times and run out of bounds twice. And it was a score or nothing play because the clock was at 0:00. Plus it was against uga. Plus it was against Muschamp. Gets my vote.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ll add this though. The Lito pick probably won that game for us.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Someone actually posted it awhile back. I saw it. I was there and still cannot figure out how he escaped at the sideline.........maybe god was still smiling on us then..........havent seen that smile in awhile...........more like a smirk

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
6:40 mark. Hambrick was a beast in this game. How good would our linebacking corps been if he hadn't gotten in Spurrier's doghouse?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite was Lito’s interception. That game was so much fun.

If I recall correctly, that actually put him into the Heisman discussion. He was never going to get it because he didn’t play enough offense but he was so damn electric when he intercepted the ball that he was forced into the conversation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Someone actually posted it awhile back. I saw it. I was there and still cannot figure out how he escaped at the sideline.........maybe god was still smiling on us then..........havent seen that smile in awhile...........more like a smirk

We were winners, and they were losers. It’s that simple. Whether it was a LB tightroping along the sidelines, a ridiculous INT, an immobile QB rushing for critical yards, or a perfectly timed timeout...we were just being winners led by a coach who knew he was going to win. Have to get back to that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What about Ahmad Blacks INT vs. OK in the NC game - we were only up by 3 in the 4th quarter and they were driving. Plus he stole the ball out of the OK WRs hands and withstood a hit by Major Wright. Awesome play.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could live with any of these choices but I took The Immaculate Reception!

James Jones......

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But I voted for DJ to Quezzie since I was in attendance at probably the best gotdamn football game I've ever been to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.