GCMB Poll: The Kelly Verdict

Which school is going to get Chip Kelly as its coach?

• Total voters

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I have become accustomed to, when in doubt, Gators lose. Kelly to UCLA.

Sigh

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Will it be Florida or UCLA?

As simple as that.

No ham sammie option, sorry.
By the looks of Kelly they shoulda put a ham PubSub in that briefcase and given half to Kelly before he signed, the other half after.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the UF job will NOT be easy money nor cosmopolitan... with that, I think being bummed out is probable.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’m thinking most any job that pays 100,000 a week is easy money!
Yeah, good point... I was thinking more the whole 24/7 recruiting attention span, father to 60 kids, teaching as you climb to the summit of arguably the toughest route to the Crystal. I don't feel it, but then, I don't know him. But man, what I could do with a 100K a week :faint:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With all the sharp turns this affair has taken, I'm not left with the sense he's 100% Gator. That said, we might still get him. I'm not crazy about what I'm reading between the lines these past few weeks in terms of commitment to anybody other than CK. Might be that if he f**ks us now, it'll be a little better than if he f**ks us later. This sh*t is too much like dating.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the UF job will NOT be easy money nor cosmopolitan... with that, I think being bummed out is probable.
Easy money is sitting in his his cabin in New Hampshire and drawing six and a half million a year that's obviously not what he wants to do. it's funny that people talk about low-pressure gigs. he could take the UNH job have them pay him a million and he'd still get five more million from the 49ers.

That's not what he wants he wants back in the NFL ultimately or another big challenge. I'd say toppling saving a Tapia CiCi's a pretty nice challenge. Something that scared Creyer away. The NFL is the most high pressure job available anywhere, far worse than any college. I don't know why people act like this guy is afraid of pressure.

It's not exactly going to be low pressure going to a basketball school and trying to win the PAC 10 and it's not going to be an easy pass to try to recruit there at a school that at least in the last 50 years has never been the best school even in its own county.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The leaks about assistants joining him at UCLA were carefully crafted to give the appearance that Westwood was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't.

Kelly's ready for a change, he's ready for the challenge and Florida provides the unique combination of an SEC schedule and recruiting dynamics that make it possible for him to imagine adding hardware to the Gators' shelves and a boldface paragraph to his resume.

What he's done over the past several days is pit two wealthy schools against each other to create a bidding war. We probably came to New Hampshire with a number. I'm willing to bet that figure's been increased by anywhere from 15-20% since then based on concern from UF that Kelly may go the opposite direction. Already we've heard reports that he anticipates a counter from Stricklin. It probably came wrapped with a ribbon.

Doesn't matter. We can afford it and we need this hire. We got it. Come Sunday, he's ours.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The leaks about assistants joining him at UCLA were carefully crafted to give the appearance that Westwood was a foregone conclusion. It wasn't.

Kelly's ready for a change, he's ready for the challenge and Florida provides the unique combination of an SEC schedule and recruiting dynamics that make it possible for him to imagine adding hardware to the Gators' shelves and a boldface paragraph to his resume.

What he's done over the past several days is pit two wealthy schools against each other to create a bidding war. We probably came to New Hampshire with a number. I'm willing to bet that figure's been increased by anywhere from 15-20% since then based on concern from UF that Kelly may go the opposite direction. Already we've heard reports that he anticipates a counter from Stricklin. It probably came wrapped with a ribbon.

Doesn't matter. We can afford it and we need this hire. We got it. Come Sunday, he's ours.
... or not.

:dunno:

I'm to the point that I don't give a crap what the decision is...I just want the damn decision.

I just have a feeling we're being played by Stricklin.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Easy money is sitting in his his cabin in New Hampshire and drawing six and a half million a year that's obviously not what he wants to do. it's funny that people talk about low-pressure gigs. he could take the UNH job have them pay him a million and he'd still get five more million from the 49ers.

That's not what he wants he wants back in the NFL ultimately or another big challenge. I'd say toppling saving a Tapia CiCi's a pretty nice challenge. Something that scared Creyer away. The NFL is the most high pressure job available anywhere, far worse than any college. I don't know why people act like this guy is afraid of pressure.

It's not exactly going to be low pressure going to a basketball school and trying to win the PAC 10 and it's not going to be an easy pass to try to recruit there at a school that at least in the last 50 years has never been the best school even in its own county.
...Plus the traffic out there is ridiculous.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Better get your Bridesmaid Dress out of the closet.......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he wanted to be a Gator, he would be. He may not be a Bruin but it certainly does not look like he is going to be a Gator.
The Bruins fans are probably sitting there saying "If he wanted to be a Bruin, he would be."

Good Lord, they are just waiting for the season to end. Not sure why a few days totally changed everything in people's minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.