Geno "Gina" Hayes dead, 33 Years Old

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nole or not, this guy sounds like he turned into a terrific person. Very sad to see this.

"At first, I didn't let my kids come around when I was in the hospital," said Hayes, who has children ages 13 and 8 with wife, Shevelle. "Over time we eased into them knowing about me, and now they know how to handle things ...

"I went into a depression for literally three months ... supreme depression," said Hayes, who initially kept his diagnosis private before opening up, believing it could help others. "I wanted more to know but didn't want to be a burden.

He said he hoped his story will help people learn to appreciate all the good that they have -- life's simple pleasures -- like being surprised in bed by his daughter or hearing her laughter, and his son's when they'd snatch his phone and take pictures of him sleeping, posting them on his Twitter account.

"I'm enjoying life, I'm spending more time with my kids and I really want to help people," Hayes said. "My main goal is to just inspire, to inspire the next person, no matter what they're going through, no matter who talks bad about them -- family, friends, social media, all of that crap -- it don't matter. You take care of you. Make sure you're straight. That's all I want to do."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wish Hayes could have a miracle recovery as he's comported his journey in ways that he could counsel others. Very sad.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Jamie Robinson, a safety.
Thanks, but I googled it and it was Hayes that I remembered. Maybe "ran over" is wrong, but there is an Orlando newspaper story about Hayes bouncing off Tebow and Tim offering him a hand up. Hayes, who made one tackle all game (not Tebow) cussed the hand that was offered. 2007, same year Hayes shot his mouth off. Gators won 45-12.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Thanks, but I googled it and it was Hayes that I remembered. Maybe "ran over" is wrong, but there is an Orlando newspaper story about Hayes bouncing off Tebow and Tim offering him a hand up. Hayes, who made one tackle all game (not Tebow) cussed the hand that was offered. 2007, same year Hayes shot his mouth off. Gators won 45-12.

“After Tebow offered his hand, Hayes barked derisively at him.

"Just stuff you wouldn't say with your mother around," Tebow said.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

As I recall, Hayes later pulled up rather than attempt a tackle.

Regardless, a truly sad situation to which he is responding nobly. God bless him and his family.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As I recall, Hayes later pulled up rather than attempt a tackle.

Regardless, a truly sad situation to which he is responding nobly. God bless him and his family.

He had a chance to tackle Tebow.
Or, a chance to TRY to tackle Tebow.

Bruh made a business decision. He planted his foot in the ground and made a sharp cut...away from that oncoming freight train. It looked like he was a RB trying to juke a tackler.

Pretty sure somebody photoshopped a purse in his hand in a photo or gif of that play. :lol:

Alex.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He had a chance to tackle Tebow.
Or, a chance to TRY to tackle Tebow.

Bruh made a business decision. He planted his foot in the ground and made a sharp cut...away from that oncoming freight train. It looked like he was a RB trying to juke a tackler.

Pretty sure somebody photoshopped a purse in his hand in a photo or gif of that play. :lol:

Alex.
I am remembering him in a tutu.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Sad story. He was a knucklehead but we all have had our knucklehead moments. It sounds like he wants his legacy to be as a man who got his act together, and faced his end with dignity, and inspiration to his family. I wish him peace.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This Geno Hayes? Too bad the screen shot I saw is from a suspended account. Seems like a nice guy.

Attachments

• Geno Hayes.jpg
    Geno Hayes.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.