Georgia turning the corner quickly under Kirby Smart

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
There's a reason Saban made efforts to keep him around, unlike all the other assistants.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They did look pretty good. I would say them or Auburn are the 2nd best team to Bama. Their defense seems better against the run this season and the O line is not as bad as it was last season. I think we would have to be at least +2 in the turnover department to have a chance to beat them this season.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
old news ox, I posted this link days ago in the chatbox. I heard on here that it takes years to turn a team around

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
There is one glaring thing with his first two classes though. He has recruited top players on both sides of the ball for what non Florida fans like to call a balanced roster. He has a True Sophmore and True Freshman QB that would both start here. The True Sophmore might never get his job back.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why, but UGA never scares me. No matter how talented they are we seem to always handle them.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder what kind of staff he has. After all no person does this himself, most great programs have a staff that cares, is highly talented, and works very hard. I wonder if our staff is up to these standards.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are definitely improved from a year ago, but Douglas makes a great point. They beat a ND team that lost 8 games a year ago, and will more than likely have a coaching vacancy in about six weeks. That said they are solid against the run, and in order for a team to beat them it will have to be through the air, and/or force a few short fields against the freshmen QB.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Same things were being said about Muschamp in 2012.....

Agree. I'm not discounting their team this season because they look solid. But the teams they have beaten are simply names at this point in the season and could very well be garbage once the season plays out. Saturday will tell us a lot.

I'll also point out that Smart inherited a team that won 10 games in 2015, and won 8, with miracle finishes over Mizz, Aub, Uk, Vu and Nichols St and a blowout loss to OM.

I'm not defending JM here, but Smart wasn't needing to rebuild anything. It was on cruise control and had talent all over the field. The AD took a gamble on getting over the hump. We'll see if it pays off. But our scenarios are nothing alike.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing about Georgia scares me, they will always crap the bed against us. Ill make sure to revisit this thread when they lose to a bad Tenn team this weekend.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Nothing about Georgia scares me, they will always crap the bed against us. Ill make sure to revisit this thread when they lose to a bad Tenn team this weekend.
I was thinking the same thing. They were lucky last year with the last Hail Mary pass. I saw their game with ND, either ND is really good (which I doubt) or pups are not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator