Georgia turning the corner quickly under Kirby Smart

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lose badly to UGa and FSU, Mac's buns are gonna get browned; yes, double entendre there.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of Gator message board gives the bootlickers their own thread? They aren't worthy. :backout:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nothing about Georgia scares me, they will always crap the bed against us. Ill make sure to revisit this thread when they lose to a bad Tenn team this weekend.
should we also revisit the thread when they smoke us like a doobie?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Kentucky beat us in just about every aspect of the game and if it werent for 2 of the dumbest busted coverage mistakes, the streak would have and probably should have ended. Unless we have a miracle on offense I doubt we win.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Though if UGA got past ND, that their schedule sets up pretty good for them. Auburn looks like their toughest game left. If Smart can't win the division this year, then that's great news for us, that is if we can get a great coach in the next couple years. If Smart does turn out to be a great head coach like the puppies are dreaming of, then how ironic would it be that the two most successful Saban disciples would've ended up at our two biggest rivals? While we hired two dud Saban disciples in the same time frame.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbob Bowdenbastard Fissure spent twice as much time w Tommy and Mini Bowden than he did Saban. He is more Tommy Bowden (like Rich Rod) than anything else.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Smart struggled last year, but he recruited like a mad man right out of the gate. He appears to be doing a much better job coaching this season, as their team looks much improved.
Mac's best team was his first year. He's shown ZERO improvement in the coaching aspect IMO.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
should we also revisit the thread when they smoke us like a doobie?
The only reason why people are wanting us to lose to UGA, FSU, Tenn etc. is to try and find a reason to get Mac out the door. Only this group wants us to lose every game and complains when we dont

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason why people are wanting us to lose to UGA, FSU, Tenn etc. is to try and find a reason to get Mac out the door. Only this group wants us to lose every game and complains when we dont

Wants?

I can only think of one poster(who I don't think is with us any longer) that remotely said anything close to WANTING to lose. Please show me specific examples of "wanting to lose". Not prognosticating but actually hopeful we lose...that is a Gator fan?

Thanks in advance.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Predicting that we lose to Georgia is not the same thing as wanting us to lose. I don't think anybody on this board wants us to lose to anybody. Some of us just have enough sense to see the writing on the wall that we're not very good and haven't improved in three years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Kentucky beat us in just about every aspect of the game and if it werent for 2 of the dumbest busted coverage mistakes, the streak would have and probably should have ended. Unless we have a miracle on offense I doubt we win.

You could definitely argue that the streak should've ended. But I think there's been so much attention placed on the blown coverage plays that we forget we had the ball on their 5 when that last pass was thrown. It was 3rd and 1, and we'd marched down the field on consecutive possessions. The play was designed to go to Davis(I think) before LDR spotted Swain. My point is, we were winning the game at that point regardless. If anything, the passing TD at :43 actually gave them a chance at the end. Still an ugly game, but I think people wrongly imagine that the game is over if they cover Swain there.

I also think you're forgetting the Jax element of this game. Since we've gained the upperhand in '90, we've been the underdog(on paper) numerous times. Yet, even when they've won, it's been by an average of less than a TD, and that includes 3 years of Zook and 4 of WM. In his lone win, Muschamp won by more points than he'd lost by in his 3 losses.

They borrow it from time to time, but this is our game and our stadium. And they know it.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO, i think Smart is a good recruiter but an on the field Muschamp II. Guy just doesn't manage a game that well and can be easily outfoxed. Miss St. is a paper tiger who would probably lose to UT and KY both... Everyone who belittles our win vs KY forgets they had the #3 rush defense in the nation and we still figured out a way.. I think they are much better than people on here are giving them credit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I got hung up on watching several past years & this ears highlights. I'd say this:

1) + UF with Grier trounces ole Miss giving grad-transfer TE McGee great close-out memories.
2) Now we actually have 3 worthwhile RBs = Davis, Perrine & Thompson that are getting better in all aspects.
3) We have a repeatable game-breaker in Toney
4) We have 2 backup-worthy QBs who can start :confused:
5) We have post-game pressers that downplay playing :confused:
6) + the refs don't penalize us as much now that they see Mac as our "too much" penalizing :(
7) got amazing punter & FG kicker
8) B-B gun Cleveland sure turned out better than Calloway
9) Our TEs are too light ... as is our S & C coach
10) We are very young but our sophs & freshs are doing fine
11) still time & opportunity to turn the corner .... just which way.... and shouldn't have that question in year 3
12) after 3 games (or 27?), looks like UF needs to clean out the coaching barracks ... for our so many poor deserve-better players
13) with this coach-set Corall's talented crew will become some semi of Gators on the downgrade, clutching & braking
14) some highest-ups need to give our AD, & each coach the Wonderlic test & fire them on the results, witout letting them see :)

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014

Wrong

UF KY
1st Downs 20 21
3rd down efficiency 5-14 1-10
4th down efficiency 3-4 1-1
Total Yards 395 340
Passing 209 220
Comp-Att 17-27 18-27
Yards per pass 7.7 8.1
Interceptions 1 0
Rushing 186 120
Rushing Attempts 36 32
Yards per rush 5.2 3.8
Penalties 8-72 7-55
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions 1 0
Possession 30:05 29:55

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Wrong

UF KY
1st Downs 20 21
3rd down efficiency 5-14 1-10
4th down efficiency 3-4 1-1
Total Yards 395 340
Passing 209 220
Comp-Att 17-27 18-27
Yards per pass 7.7 8.1
Interceptions 1 0
Rushing 186 120
Rushing Attempts 36 32
Yards per rush 5.2 3.8
Penalties 8-72 7-55
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions 1 0
Possession 30:05 29:55

It was apparent who the better team was....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.