Get it out of your system

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is crazy we can't find a kicker that can make FGs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
It is crazy we can't find a kicker that can make FGs.
Valez is 6 of 7 on the year with perfect PAT's, but his leg isn't very skrong

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n50898 said:
This isn't the UK team we grew up with. They are talented and will upset someone this year. Their QB is legit and the skill players are improved. Defense is good not great.

That being said...Driskel looks scared half the time. Isn't the point of a read option that the QB keeps it now and again. I saw two plays where he would've walked in for scores had he kept the ball. He also can't hit the deep ball unless he lucks out. We had a couple drops that shook his confidence early, and that is the point. He is a fragile QB mentally...but he's the best we've got right now. Maybe by season's end Harris can lead us to tough victories, but he's a true freshman and the season is young.

Our secondary sucked for the most part and our line didn't get consistent pressure, but had some huge plays. Oline still needs to gel.

I actually enjoyed the power run game. Driskel wasn't performing and we were able to move the ball. I don't want it to be the primary mode of attack, but it was nice to have and reestablish our offense in the game.

End of the day, we won despite numerous errors. Plenty of tape to learn from and coach on. I love that when Neal was asked how he did, he brought up the plays he missed...not celebrating the two pics.
A fragile Qb that shook off a horrible 1st half and had a much much much better 2nd half. Did they reel in the offense a bit in the 2nd half? Yeah they did but he did what he was asked to do and performed well including a very clutch throw in OT for a TD. When everything was frantic and the clock was ticking down he got the players that were lined up wrong in the right place got the snap and threw a great pass in the corner with touch that everyone says he doesn't have. That is the epitome of a clutch throw there and not being a fragile QB.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
He needs to can the friggin adversity talk. Even on the ride back to Atlanta at 1:30am, fans on the call-in shows are talking about overcoming adversity, even Mick and Brady Ackerman talk about it. It's almost like overcoming adversity has taken the place of things like killer instinct and execution. Yeah, I get that there's adversity in games but we're so focused on the adversity part of games, we play tight and rigid. This team, especially Driskel, gets wound so damn tight at times, it's because we're presuming, assuming, and even anticipating adversity in games. It's like we play with a defensive posture, like our backs are against the wall, when we should be loose and confident. Screw the adversity, that's my new motto! Don't have it, then you don't have to overcome it! It's like not drinking water for two days, and then getting all hyped-up about overcoming the dehydration. It's like eating whoppers and cheesecake fives times a day and then preaching about overcoming the obesity. AVOID ADVERSITY, as much as possible, then you can deep six the "overcome it" mantra.
Well said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator