Get Ready for Mullen Ball

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Just wanted to say that I am a refugee from Gator Reddit. That place is a wretched hive of scum and pumpery. I am thrilled to find a place where Gator fans can speak openly about our worthless lazy coaching staff.

Your mom was YesPumper last night

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
EJ seems to be a little Trey Burtonish, always calling his own number, but that may change when he isnt getting 4 snaps a game.
It might have been a little easier for him to trust his legs a little more than his arm as a young player player getting shoved into games outta the blue. I'm also not certain that some of those plays he wasn't told to keep it himself especially in 2019 when our running game was sh!t.
I like EJ but I'm not sure his arm is really any better than AR's. EJ has thrown several nice balls in live games but he has also thrown some really bad ones too...add in the fact that he has gotten knocked out a couple of times while running the ball in limited action action and I'm starting to wonder if AR might not be the better choice if we have to run Mullen's offense.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Here are some facts about Mullen. Like all facts, some are relevant to the discussion at hand and some aren’t.
- fastest coach to win 29 games in school history (35 games)
- First head coach at UF named Dan
- Not the coach with the fewest loses in first season as UF head coach (Spurrier - 2)
- Tied with Butters for most wins in first season as UF head coach (10)
- Not the coach with the most wins after two season as UF head coach (Meyer 22)
- Not the coach with the most wins after three seasons as UF head coach (Meyer 31)
- First head coach at UF to lose to Kentucky after 31 consecutive prior wins
- First head coach at UF to give up 100 points in 3 consecutive games
- First head coach at UF to wear Darth Vader costume at press conference
- 1-2 vs. UGA as UF head coach
- 1-2 vs. LSU as UF head coach
- 12 years as a head coach in the SEC
- 0 sec championships
- 0 national championships

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here are some facts about Mullen. Like all facts, some are relevant to the discussion at hand and some aren’t.
- Not the coach with the fewest loses in first season as UF head coach (Spurrier - 2)
- Not the coach with the most wins after three seasons as UF head coach (Meyer 31)
- 0 sec championships

Here are two more facts to add to the list:

- only coach in MSU history to win a bowl game and finish with a losing record
- 0-10 vs Nick Saban as a head coach

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
85% of coaches win when they have more talent. The SEC East is FULL of garbage teams and Clowntown is a dumpster fire. No UF coach has ever it easier.

Mullen, Chimp or Sharky would win every game except Bammer, Ugly and LSu.

BINGO. I have been saying this since Mullenz was hired. With Tennessee and halF asS U down, Mullenz had the easiest schedule for any Gator coach in probably 40 years during his first two seasons. And, I fully expect to lose this season to Alabama, Georgia and LSU. Those loses will make Mullenz 0 - 2 vs. Bama, and 1 - 3 vs. LSU and Georgia. His record vs. ranked opponents is 13 - 38? This has to improve.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
BINGO. I have been saying this since Mullenz was hired. With Tennessee and halF asS U down, Mullenz had the easiest schedule for any Gator coach in probably 40 years during his first two seasons. And, I fully expect to lose this season to Alabama, Georgia and LSU. Those loses will make Mullenz 0 - 2 vs. Bama, and 1 - 3 vs. LSU and Georgia. His record vs. ranked opponents is 13 - 38? This has to improve.

To be clear, I won’t dispute your last sentence. He has to improve.

But UF has consistently had 2 really good teams on its schedule, a couple gritty opponents, and then a bunch of average to below average fluff. It’s just switched from ut, fsu and occasionally Aub or uga in the 90s, to Lsu, uga and occasionally some other random team like Alabama this upcoming year. Mullen’s path may be slightly easier than what guys like Spurrier and Meyer faced, but not by a great deal. And his starting point was far worse.

I’ve said before that I’m ok with launching him if we have a definitive upgrade. Especially if we continue to see the 9-10 win but no trophy type years a few more times, and if recruiting doesn’t pick up. So it’s not some blanket endorsement or defense of him. You just can’t base ease or difficulty of a schedule entirely, or even largely, on where the noles and vols are at the moment. It would be as equally flawed as raving that Mullen’s 5-0(6-0)against teams Spurrier was 2-4 against in his first 3 seasons. The story is still the same. It’s the characters that have changed.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
spoiled.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How many years are you waiting for fuchstard and fuchstodd to start recruiting?
And winning something other than 3rd or 4th place in the SEC finishes?

Well, originally I was thinking one more season. But since I know it bothers you so much, how could I not go for two?

He’s gone from Mullinz, to Dorky Dan, to Dildo Dan. I’m on the edge of my seat to see what’s next.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
- 0 sec championships
Daayyum Dude - tell it!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a fan of the "fastest to 29 wins" narrative. In that same span he also has more losses than the couple of guys he beat for wins. Sounds a bit illogical right? Well it would be if it was an apples to apples comparison but it's not. Dan has a couple more games a season to work with. If Steve or urban had the same number of games as dan does, that "fastest to 29 wins" narrative wouldn't exist.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I always laugh when the "I'm a better fan because I want to be elite more than you" crowd gets rolling.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Less a pu$$y is still a pu$$y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics