Get ready for the SEC hate

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
All those years of dominance appear to be done after the regular season, bowl season and NC game. Hard to admit, but a strong case to be made that the SEC might be the 3 or 4th best conference out there. Even harder to say the ACC is the best conference. Nonetheless, 10+ years of dominance generates alot of jealousy and hate, I know I am already getting it in social media....Honestly don't see it changing until the East stabilizes and we can have a complete conference again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly don't see it changing until the East stabilizes and we can have a complete conference again.
The east wont stabilize until they fire the terrible coaches in the east.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The SEC being the best conference was only important when UF was one of the top two teams in the conference. I don't care where the SEC is ranked when we start winning national championships again.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you never once bragged about how tough it was to play in the SEC or the challenge of winning the SEC?
Between 2006 and early 2009 we won 2 National Championships in both football and basketball. I brag on that and it still shuts up all the Noles I know

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So you never once bragged about how tough it was to play in the SEC or the challenge of winning the SEC?

Nope. I still think it's the toughest conference, but understand that these things go in cycles. I'm not concerned one bit. Let Clemson and the ACC fans have their day (or year) in the sun.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This just in from Commish Sankey:
"I'm most proud that during our reign we had no major scandals, so I diserve this medal for
Distinguished Public Service. Thank you, thank you, thank you all, and remember to take the fifth.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep the ACC dominated the SEC this season but I am still very happy Saban lost. The Big 10 homers certainly have no room to talk.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ACC has improved drastically the past 4 years while the SEC has gone the opposite direction. Saban has created a talent exodus in both players and coaches b/c everyones sick of playing for 2nd place. Top coaches are going to other conferences and top players are as well unless they are offered by bama. Until Saban retires I dont think this is going to change honestly.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ACC has improved drastically the past 4 years while the SEC has gone the opposite direction. Saban has created a talent exodus in both players and coaches b/c everyones sick of playing for 2nd place. Top coaches are going to other conferences and top players are as well unless they are offered by bama. Until Saban retires I dont think this is going to change honestly.

Do you think it was just fool's gold in coaching when the press slobbered all over Malzahn, Freeze, Sumlin and Mullen etc. previously? Then it seemed we supposedly had more good coaches in the SEC than all the other power 5 conferences combined almost according to the media.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
I live in Virginia, and there were a bunch of "ACC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY SEC SUCKS!" posts last night.

I made them aware of this screen shot:

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.27.36 PM.png

15 SEC players, 4 ACC players.

Alabama (5) and Florida (4) have as many or more players than the entire ACC combined. I think the SEC has been down the last couple years (mainly because the East is terrible), but the best players out of high school still go to SEC schools, and the SEC still puts more players in the NFL than any other conference. This year will be no different.

Last edited:

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I guess we can hang our hat on that. Although I am not big correlation of college to NFL. Certainly looks good to recruits though, but I want the product on the field to dominate.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I live in Virginia, and there were a bunch of "ACC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY SEC SUCKS!" posts last night.

I made them aware of this screen shot:

15 SEC players, 4 ACC players. Alabama (5) and Florida (4) have as many or more players than the entire ACC combined. I think the SEC has been down the last couple years (mainly because the East is terrible), but the best players out of high school still go to SEC schools, and the SEC still puts more players in the NFL than any other conference. This year will be no different.
And that list doesn't even have Q going in the first round. We could have 5 first round picks.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My exact thoughts.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ACC bragging because they finally had a team other than FSU win an outright championship, which hadn't happened since...........Clemson in 1981. Before that? Maryland in 1953. The only other poll-era championship won by an ACC team other than FSU was Georgia Tech's split championship in 1990. ACC still a joke. One above average season doesn't change that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, not a single one on offense. Pretty cool, huh?
That's on Chump, as Mac has yet to recruit an offensive player that is even eligible for the draft.
Could see the opposite in the future, as the recruiting seems to be swinging from D to O with Mac at the helm - just waiting for the play to reflect that.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's on Chump, as Mac has yet to recruit an offensive player that is even eligible for the draft.
Could see the opposite in the future, as the recruiting seems to be swinging from D to O with Mac at the helm - just waiting for the play to reflect that.
raw

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator