Getting your money now

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I see a lot of ads for converting your life insurance or payments into cash now, not to mention reverse mortgages. This thread is for those various organizations that convert to cash.

Comment as you desire.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Life settlements.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
A few years ago, maybe still, life settlements were the latest fad to be heavily hocked on AM radio. About every 5 years my wife hears some financial scheme on AM radio and says I need to look into it. (Others included various annuities that ended up having terrible returns, or advisers who had some sort of trading scheme, which was really a glorified moving average scheme, which ended up giving horrible predictions).

Putting aside it's kind of a icky investment, the faster the original beneficiary dies the better you do, their returns apparently were greatly exaggerated.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're death futures.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have an annuity but I need cash now! Call J. G. Wentworth: 877-CASH-NOW!

Such a catchy jingle.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It should be it is half your money now, or if you wait all of it. I see these ads on Fox Business and wonder how many who would watch that channel would be foolish enough to fall for this deal. It must work because if not they would stop. Same with the buy gold ads, they are idiotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.