Give Emmitt a statue

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I posted my thoughts on this 5 or 6 pages back. I'm on an old phone that's a pain, so I'll try again later tonight.
It's been dissected enough. Emmitt's an ass. The university should expunge his records and ask for its money back.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most on here aren’t inventing the Emmitt grudge or him suggesting he’d be better off if (perhaps not wishing) he went elsewhere (Auburn, not Bama). Here’s the context:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...02030287_1_emmitt-smith-gator-wretched-excess

This article showed a continuation of the backlash he received after the frat incident:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._delta-tau-delta-fraternity-members-trentadue

How a certain group of fans treated him, similar to the group that sent him threats for leaving early.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I was tempted to dislike some of these comments. He is an adult he can do whatever he deems best. None of that should generate these overly emotional responses.

What might happen if he say went to work for Georgia as their running back coach, or for Auburn or Bama?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chief, I don't think a single one of the emotional replies you are alluding to is actually serious. We all appreciate who he is and what he was to UF football. We're all in a sports bar. After 15 pages, it's the equivalent of five or eight beers. Some of us are blowing smoke for the sake of laughs.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You’re putting words in my mouth.
We are debating giving him a statue at UF that he left early. He doesn’t even have the best stats of a UF running back.
Should we give Percy one ? He was arguably the best athlete to ever be at UF.
Spikes ? Morrison ? Some of the best LBs.
Sablehaus ? Best back upQB ?

Jesus. Hey have the ring of honor for everyone other than the Heisman winners.

Let’s just start a “participation alley ” we can honor everyone who ever played.
Don't forget Hernandez..... he was a stone-cold killer TE.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Most on here aren’t inventing the Emmitt grudge or him suggesting he’d be better off if (perhaps not wishing) he went elsewhere (Auburn, not Bama). Here’s the context:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...02030287_1_emmitt-smith-gator-wretched-excess
Emmitt was on the local news in Pensacola when I watched him say he wished he'd gone to Ala I think it was back in the late 90's or early 2000's . Don't remember why he was on tv now but he's from Pensacola so they talk to him whenever they have a chance! In Pensacola only ABC is a Florida station NBC,CBS and Fox are all stations out of Mobile Al so he might have been doing an interview with one of those channel's. It's been some years sence I watched this so just remember him saying he wished he'd gone to Ala instead of UF! But it's very interesting that he also said Auburn . Emmitt will always be a GREAT football player from H/S all the way thru his NFL career but I still stand by the fact that he hasn't been a good ambassador for UF over the years

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the NFL were factored in, we'd have to take down all three UF statues. It's for collegiate achievement.

Correct. This topic is another example of the revisionist history approach we have in this country today. Everything in the past is suddenly unfair or tainted simply because it didn't turn out the way some wanted it to.

Want a statue, win a Heisman.

Want to change the Heisman process, start by attacking the clowns at BSPN that have polluted the entire Heisman process.

Want to change history, write your own version and then try to get others to buy into it. I am sure many of our schools will embrace it

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.