Give Emmitt a statue

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If he wins a Heisman, Im all for it.
That award doesn't mean sh!t anymore.
When you ignore the original criteria for winning it and give it to Winston, Cam, Mansell and Mayfield what are we honoring.
Emmit is the alltime leading rusher in the NFL and will be forever with the way these pussys play the game now. He was a great gator in some of our darkest years. He is a great role model for minorities, and many people black and white would line up to have their picture taken with it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the NFL were factored in, we'd have to take down all three UF statues. It's for collegiate achievement.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That award doesn't mean sh!t anymore.
When you ignore the original criteria for winning it and give it to Winston, Cam, Mansell and Mayfield what are we honoring.
Emmit is the alltime leading rusher in the NFL and will be forever with the way these pussys play the game now. He was a great gator in some of our darkest years. He is a great role model for minorities, and many people black and white would line up to have their picture taken with it.
The Cowboys can have a statue. Ours are reserved for Heisman winners.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a shame Galen Hall was such a crappy recruiter and we were unable to assemble all the pieces around #22. He was the most talented collegiate running back my eyes ever laid on, Herschel and Bo notwithstanding.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Always fun to remember Emmitt's tremendous vision, feel for the hole and amazingly quick burst. No one could burst through a seam like Emmitt and no one could find a seam where none existed like him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a shame Galen Hall was such a crappy recruiter and we were unable to assemble all the pieces around #22. .
He had more than enough talent to dominate the SEC, he just didnt know how. You cant run the ball 50 times against defenses built to stop a team that runs between tackles.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
He had more than enough talent to dominate the SEC, he just didnt know how. You cant run the ball 50 times against defenses built to stop a team that runs between tackles.
He had the same problem we have now, no quarterback. Donald Douglas may have been the worst qb to ever put on a gator uniform.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were more balanced than you're allowing. I certainly can't blame Hall for calling the run when he had people like Emmitt, Neal Anderson and John L. Williams. We werent as good defensively in the late '80s as we were earlier in the decade. That fell on recruiting.

Pell was to Butch Davis what Hall was to Larry Coker. When the pipeline ran dry, the winning stopped.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He had the same problem we have now, no quarterback. Donald Douglas may have been the worst qb to ever put on a gator uniform.
Who did Hall recruit at QB in his four or five seasons at the helm? No one.

Edit: Well, I partially take that back. He recruited Shane Matthews, but it was Spurrier who developed him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He had a few of the same QBs SOS used to win SEC in 90.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Douglas saying that his first meeting with Spurrier went something like “What position do you want to play other than quarterback?” :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Douglas saying that his first meeting with Spurrier went something like “What position do you want to play other than quarterback?”
I'm not clear why we ever recruited Douglas. He didnt fit anyone's offense, and certainly not Spurrier's drop back attack. The official reason given for his departure, right around the spring game, was his mother's poor health, which was code for you're hopelessly lost in the woods, son.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't win the SEC in 90 we were on probation, which is part of my argument. Would he even been seriously considered with us on probation?
Finishing first in the SEC was as good as winning it. There was no championship game back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.