Savage

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Much has been said about how Grantham had the D in perfect position yesterday, all of it true. At the beginning of the fourth quarter, I told my son that we were in all the right places, now can we be strong enough to finish this thing?
Chump’s S&C had us hurt all the time. Sharkboy’s was nonexistent. Not the case anymore. Savage has fixed that.
We just went toe to toe with a good team and were just as strong physically. It’s been a while since we could say that week in and out. We owned the LOS. The Oline woes have more to do with technique and more likely skill vs. strength. Our DLine and Lbs weren’t pushed around at all. I saw Reese run through their guard like he wasn’t there, then watched Houston repeat the performance on the other guard a few plays later. Perine torched their D on that long run.
Savage has these guys mentally and physically tough as anyone. That makes Mullen’s job so much easier. Who knows what our record will be going forward, it’s just refreshing to know we won’t be looking like second grade girls on the field.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I heard on the radio after the game we've outscored our opponents 64-7 in the 4th quarter this year, best point differential in the country.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
It all starts here! Say what you want about Trask, Pitts and Swain. But the work in the S&C is showing in the results. Best thread yet on this teams progress. We will be as complete a team as anyone if we can just get the running game going. For the first time in many many years I am confident we are a top ten program!

Go Gators!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Perine WRECKED that linebacker on the big run. You could hear the crowd “oooo” on tv the way they do when a ball carrier or qb takes a lick from a defender.

Conversely, I saw our guys meet them in the hole on defense and stand rbs straight up before taking them down.

Pay Savage. A lot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The TD by Perine. Im not even SURE that was as called run.

The TD. That really isn't a great run look, we are five on six. that outside RPO to the TE is designed to help hold the DE/EMOL/OLB whatever on the ride side of the DL, but the safety looks like he is tracking the TE rather than the DE/OLB on the right side. Hoever, the DE still held ground and spied Trask, and we had a pretty good play going at that point.

The LT and RG are working up field to get some LB, that's a matchup you should like a lot for us and is what those big eaters dream of late at night instead of erotic stuff. Theoretically the LB shouldn't have touched Perine but whoever that is (Heggie?) can't hold the block. I hate when a kid misses a block then turns around and chases his guy. He should have just turned to his left, found work and grabbed something that looked good (like that other LB). Heggie has been disappointing at times especially after looking like the best guy on the OL when he got on the field the last two years.

Very nice run by Perine.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was making in the low 100 thousand range. He should be in the 400 thousand range and worth every penny of it.

His 2018 salary was $250K, he signed a 2 year/ $500K salary. I imagine he'll get bumped to at least $400K/year on his next contract.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As @BMF said,

"Director of strength & conditioning Nick Savage signed a two-year, $500,000 contract beginning in 2018.

All assistants receive a dealer car, $10,000 annually from the Nike equipment contract and a $1,500 bonus."
~ Adam Silverstein

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Here's something that will make you shyt yourself. Here is the list of the S&C coaching salaries. This is 2018. Savage is 40th. F'IN 40th!!! How cheap are we? He can be poached from another school at any time with that low of a salary. (Source: USA Today)

Screenshot (67).png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's something that will make you shyt yourself. Here is the list of the S&C coaching salaries. This is 2018. Savage is 40th. F'IN 40th!!! How cheap are we? He can be poached from another school at any time with that low of a salary. (Source: USA Today)

I think the salary was/is appropriate. He had been a head S&C coach at Miss State for less than 12 months when he got the UF job and he was only 27 or 28 years old. He'll get his money in due time. He's only $40K away from being 26th on that list.

Now, I don't get Robinson making $90K. I'm curious if any coach in the SEC makes that little. Although this is Robinson's first on-field job, that's still low in comparison to his peers.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So I know your post is laced with sarcasm but questions....

Do Dillman’s methods weigh too heavily on strength generation at the expense of healthy ligament development? I know some strength programs are ultimately bad on your joints and leave you more susceptible to injury. Would his qualify? And is Savage’s the opposite - too little focus on strength due to conditioning focus? Or do you think Savage (or Dillman, for that matter) would work just fine if the athlete’s were as top shelf as Meyer’s were? Basically - do most of these programs work if the athlete is elite but what separates good from great is the ability to elevate the lesser guys to peak performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator