Going to need a new laptop soon - need advice

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh it's crazy durable! Had it in a neoprene sleeve and dropped it in a parking lot 3 times in a row while unloading my car, dented the corner but that's it! That was about 3 years ago.

"Dropped" it against Sas's skull to keep him in line.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dfb852c2f1c9abcd06b179b37546c1e7.jpg

Those are some expensive computers.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have friends that have tried to make the change from Windows to iOS and only one stuck it out and even he admits he still struggles some. However, he's one of those "all-in" dudes that has Apple TV, iPads and iPhones now. So he takes the pain to be "that guy".

I'm starting to look for a laptop myself as the one I'm currently typing on just turned 4 a couple of weeks ago. I, too, prefer larger displays and am currently leaning toward the Dell XPS-15. It's getting good reviews, you can get one for around a grand (non-touchscreen and i3 processor) and personally, I've had several Dell laptops for both work and personal use and I can't complain about their quality or longevity. YMMMV.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Specifically, what are former Windows users struggling to do on a Mac?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My daughter, is into real estate and has a Mac and PC. She like the Mac but has to use the PC for MS Office. Yes she has tried the Mac MS Office but it won't do the things that she needs to do for her legal real estate documents.
Geebus. What year is she living in?

BTW, that's not an Apple issue, it's whatever her antiquated software they're using.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What are you trying to say, Gren?

What you trying to say? That Mac Office fills your needs in real estate. That's good that your needs are fulfilled but there are a lot of people that say that MS Office for Mac is not quite there yet.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What you trying to say? That Mac Office fills your needs in real estate. That's good that your needs are fulfilled but there are a lot of people that say that MS Office for Mac is not quite there yet.
Never once did I say anything about MS Office and real estate. I quoted your post about your daughter not being able to use a Mac due to being a realtor. That's hogwash.

But... since your speaking about office... Just about everyone I know uses the online version.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never once did I say anything about MS Office and real estate. I quoted your post about your daughter not being able to use a Mac due to being a realtor. That's hogwash.

But... since your speaking about office... Just about everyone I know uses the online version.
I'm about though with you.. You need to learn to comprehend what you read, example my quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.