Golf advice

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Back for a little help. Any of you wearing glasses have trouble with your ball-striking when you started wearing glasses when you play or practice? I'm hoping to have some vision problems corrected soon, but until then, I'm having a hard time focusing w/o glasses and when I put my prescriptions on, it's even worse! Hadn't needed them until just recently. Is there a trick to it?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back for a little help. Any of you wearing glasses have trouble with your ball-striking when you started wearing glasses when you play or practice? I'm hoping to have some vision problems corrected soon, but until then, I'm having a hard time focusing w/o glasses and when I put my prescriptions on, it's even worse! Hadn't needed them until just recently. Is there a trick to it?
I started wearing glasses a few years ago and have the progressive and transition lenses in them. It was a little tricky at first, but I couldn't golf without them now. I recently got my first pair of prescription sunglasses and golfed just fine with those on first time out.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started wearing glasses a few years ago and have the progressive and transition lenses in them. It was a little tricky at first, but I couldn't golf without them now. I recently got my first pair of prescription sunglasses and golfed just fine with those on first time out.
Thanks Bart. Sounds like there's hope!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what to tell you to help. I actually quite wearing my sunglasses because I see the ball so much better. Somehow sunglasses started distorting my depth perception. I think it also has to do with them being polarized.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what to tell you to help. I actually quite wearing my sunglasses because I see the ball so much better. Somehow sunglasses started distorting my depth perception. I think it also has to do with them being polarized.
Like you, I can see the ball better w/o the sunglasses, but I am pretty much reduced to wearing shades anytime I'm outdoors now. Hadn't thought about it, but my old Oakleys (not polarized) are better than a newer polarized pair in terms of depth perception. It'll be the old ones from now on. Thanks for the feedback NV.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like you, I can see the ball better w/o the sunglasses, but I am pretty much reduced to wearing shades anytime I'm outdoors now. Hadn't thought about it, but my old Oakleys (not polarized) are better than a newer polarized pair in terms of depth perception. It'll be the old ones from now on. Thanks for the feedback NV.
I too cannot go outside without sunglasses - and I live in Seattle. :lol:
FYI - my prescription sunglasses are not polarized either, but they do have the anti-glare and mirror coatings, which does pretty much the same thing (so I was told). Best damn pair of sunglasses I've ever had - though they did cost close to $500. Golfed well the first time I wore them on the course.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Played in a fundraising tournament in Ft. Gaines, GA (Meadowlinks) with c2 Jr. 2 man scramble. We finished fourth out of 36 teams with a 77. Most teams were composed of the baseball players and their dads. Jr. and I brother-in-lawed pretty well, as we were 18 for 18 with our drives in the fairway. Problem was when we had to rely on my drives on a long par four, we usually had an approach between 175-200 yds. My natural shot is a high fade that I can control and place, but I just don't get the distance I used to. I am limited in the exercises I can do as a result of my medical condition, so I'm not as strong or flexible as I was 5 years ago. Does anybody have some ideas of a fix I can use to gain a little more distance off the tee? I use a Nike Covert driver (adjustable) and like the feel and response I get when I strike it well. Thanks for any advice.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb