Good article Mac and Companies recruiting pitch

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I found this to be a good article on the recruitment of Vosean Joseph. This short article is worth the read.

Some quick highlights:

after a senior season that earned Joseph first team all-state honors, schools such as Alabama, Louisville and Maryland have started coming after him.

Alabama was trying to impress me. At the end of the day, I had to separate real from fake...

“Alabama offered me late, but Florida realized how much talent I had last year. That means a lot.

“We’re all sales people. When you’re going to sell me something, that doesn’t mean I’m going to buy your car. You’re just looking for a sale. I need you to show me that you care about my life. Sitting in your vehicle, you can show me the color and this or that. But what are you doing to help me as a person? None of that was given to me from Alabama. I didn’t see it.”

Vanreil-McDonald said the highlight of her trip to Gainesville was spending time with Shannon. She praised the way he handled her son’s recruitment and stayed in contact with him consistently.

“When these other people called, they were more interested about football. Well, going to college is not just about playing football. It’s about academics, and Florida was the only school that showed me they had Vosean’s back where that is concerned.”

“I’ve spoken to different coaches, but no one made me feel that I can count on them more than the coaches at UF

https://www.seccountry.com/sec-news...eal-from-fake-after-visits-to-alabama-florida

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
this is all fine and well, but if he goes to bama, its just talk. put your money where your mouth is bro

What in the HELL are you talking about? I found a positive article about us locking down a player at a position of need; one that bama has been recruiting hard...... and that is your response??? "Put your money where your mouth is" ???

REEEEEAAAALLY???
Are you pulling for him to go somewhere else? Geeeshhh...go eat a bag of dics... bro

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, if you bother to read the article he does make it clear that he has re-affirmed his commitment to UF.

Of course, this is recruiting. And we know bama has been after him, so anything can happen. A mysterious bagman might drop off a bag of cash that's just too big to say no to...

Having, said that, the article was a positive one and gave a small insight into how the staff is doing the right things and pushing the right buttons, so to speak. After a couple of weeks loll and seeing other major programs coming after our lowly 3* recruits that aren't good enough for us despite the likes of bama, USCw etc beating down their doors, I thought it might be nice to read some positive recruiting news.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like good news to me. I'm thrilled about getting a LB from Miami that is All-State and has Bama recruiting him hard, especially since we DESPERATELY NEED good LB's in this class.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
i read this earlier. Good insight. I'll take 3 stars from soflo any time.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I prefer not to ingest dicks thank you very much. I was not trying to be negative and I do appreciate your find of this article. But until he sends in LOI, its not final.
To other poster below, i am hardly a troll. carry on
What in the HELL are you talking about? I found a positive article about us locking down a player at a position of need; one that bama has been recruiting hard...... and that is your response??? "Put your money where your mouth is" ???

REEEEEAAAALLY???
Are you pulling for him to go somewhere else? Geeeshhh...go eat a bag of dics... bro

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the indignant butthurt on the part of bama fans in the comments section of that article is hilarious.

My goodness, the butthurt is strong in those rednecks. Those comments are hilarious. If they didn't have Alabama football, their lives would be worthless. I know, I lived among them for years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I prefer not to ingest dicks thank you very much. I was not trying to be negative and I do appreciate your find of this article. But until he sends in LOI, its not final.
To other poster below, i am hardly a troll. carry on
Alabamagator is a strange breed, the extremely angry pumper. Not many of those found in the wild.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alabamagator is a strange breed, the extremely angry pumper. Not many of those found in the wild.

LOL... not really the angry type at all... though I will admit the "eat a bag of dics" may have come off as a little hostile. ;) Just hit a nerve because it seems like a couple of hyper negative people have been taking over the recruiting talk and will not allow for any optimism or positiveness at all. They shout down the majority of people who are hopeful when they find a shred of good. It's a tired old act.

I will say you've been much calmer recently and I enjoy reading your thoughts when your not being critical and negative with every comment you make. Mac must really inspire some reason for hope in you.

Not a pumper either. I am more of a cautiously optimistic and hopeful type. Though I due tend to rail against the types who insist on screaming down anything positive, ever. That just annoys the sh!t out of me.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but the evidence on the 3*s continues to swing in favor of those pumpers. May be time for you to re-evaluate?

Just about everyone of those 3 stars that Mac got on early have risen in the rankings and all but one of our in state commits were named to ALL STATE teams. I'll take a 3 star Florida kid who is named one of the best in the state all day, every day. Every one of them not already enrolled, is being pursued by other big name schools as well.

When we locked down those kids people scoffed at the stars and the number of big time schools who had offered them. Some of those same people said the offer list was more telling than the star count. Well, after lighting it up their senior years they have offers coming in the droves. Luckily Mac did a good job of early evaluation and locked them up.

I want a team for of 4 and 5 stars as well. But that realistically wasn't going to happen this year. Especially after our offense fell apart with Treon and three freshman offensive lineman. I really believe that hurt recruiting more than we could ever know. I think Mac's done a helluva job and will finish with a really good class that meets our needs. After years of mediocrity to think 5 star players were gonna be banging down our doors is delusional. Continued improvement on the field is the only way we're going to have any pick of the litter we want again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.