Good news for Firemullen Zealots

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
McElwain did it first
I was going to quote this and change McElwain to Muschamp, but honestly, the guy did try to win. He changed coordinators and didn’t surround himself with his buddies the entire time. He just isn’t head football coach material, not in the SEC anyway, and that’s not his fault.

It’s Fooley’s for hiring him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I was going to quote this and change McElwain to Muschamp, but honestly, the guy did try to win. He changed coordinators and didn’t surround himself with his buddies the entire time. He just isn’t head football coach material, not in the SEC anyway, and that’s not his fault.

It’s Fooley’s for hiring him.
While Chimp certainly turned out to be a bad HC, it wasn’t a bad hire at the time (other than his being a dwag of course). He was thought by many to be an up and comer. They were all wrong in the end, but who knew? The mistake was not firing him immediately after the Ga Southern game.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
100% private money so being a public institution is irrelevant.

I know boosters cover a huge chunk. But somebody going to have to show me the details of the contract before I accept that the institution is not on the hook for some of it. Also, is the contract signed by the boosters or the institution?

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Don't give Strinklin ideas now... he will give him an extension, a raise and a significant bump in his buyout.
This may have been said tongue-in-cheek, but the paperwork is already in progress.
Provided that Danny Boy doesn't lay an egg for the rest of the season, or he opts to leave
on his own, we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know boosters cover a huge chunk. But somebody going to have to show me the details of the contract before I accept that the institution is not on the hook for some of it. Also, is the contract signed by the boosters or the institution?
Usually the university portion is like 100-200k a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb