Gotta Face Recruiting

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1) How do we get back in the top-5 recruiting?
2) Why are poor SEC teams out-recruiting us now? (Are parents "nudging" their young sons away from a "rage-faced coach? Is it something "hidden" like that … for UK to out-recruit UF?)
3) Mullen, Frieze, etc got better recruits without having stirling winning records, and without UF history spotlight.
Getting better players is one of our necessities. Doesn't dumping the coaching staff hurts recruiting the most?
Is there a bigger emergency than recruiting right now?
Discuss, if you will?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rog , it's what you are seeing on the field. It doesn't excite recruits. It's boring and we're not winning.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Our coaching situation is a train wreck dumpster fire with Ebola. I wouldn't wonder why nobody signed with us until Champ is fired.
The only way we get better is to pull the plug and move on.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It sounds crazy, and I don't quite get it myself, but Rivals is saying that if WM can pull out even a decent year, we will likely have a top 5-6 class. There are some major leans and they happen to be Gators growing up. They're waiting to see if there us a change at HC.

As usual, it's mostly defensive players. But the #1 player in the country is likely a Gator if WM is retained.

That's why I really would like to see Harris be a star down the stretch this season. That would likely fuel some offensive players to balance out a pretty good class.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n82637 said:
It sounds crazy, and I don't quite get it myself, but Rivals is saying that if WM can pull out even a decent year, we will likely have a top 5-6 class. There are some major leans and they happen to be Gators growing up. They're waiting to see if there us a change at HC.

As usual, it's mostly defensive players. But the #1 player in the country is likely a Gator if WM is retained.

That's why I really would like to see Harris be a star down the stretch this season. That would likely fuel some offensive players to balance out a pretty good class.

That's how I felt a few weeks ago exactly but I'm beyond that now. And anything short of us blowing out a few teams. I don't think there's any going back from here.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp could go 7-4 and we'll have a bad class...this was pre-ordained the day foley made that stupid 1000%. What was he thinking?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There's no hope as long as Champ stays. I think the fan base is too far gone to ever get behind him. Even if we win it will not be enjoyable footbal to most. So who do we sign? Other than die hard Gators. D players that believe Champ will develop them for the NFL? Can anybody still believe we will ever be competitive under Champ?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning fixes all. But I don't think 7-4 is enough. It'll take a minimum SEC East championship to get recruits interested. Keeping an impotent coach I can't imagine has the top recruits beating down our doors.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Once again. I don't care if CWM lands every 5 star recruit in the nation. They come here and their talent wastes away because of an absolute and complete lack of player development. The recruits will never develop above their HS level, or if they do it will be anemic at best. We are now a recruit wasteland and the word is starting to spread. That's why this guy has to go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.