GPS conditioning technology from NFL and Clowns

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
That was a very interesting article... within 5 years every major program will be employing these... Fisher is a lot more creative and willing to take a risk than many coaches...

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's the word I'm trying to think of? Oh I remember now.

Hooie. ​Hooie ​Hooie

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice read but those things can't block, catch and kick.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does it help players from getting season ending injuries? Then we have no need for it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gmdgator;n7643 said:
That was a very interesting article... within 5 years every major program will be employing these... Fisher is a lot more creative and willing to take a risk than many coaches...

Nole!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Technical data points such as respiratory rate recovery time, O^2 saturation, blood pressure, heart rate, etc., are probably better than just running them until they puke. :think:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So FSU spends annually $80,000 rent on 95 GPS's plus two full-time salaries for analytic techs ; that's comparable to their
annual retainers on special victims defense attorneys.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gmdgator;n7643 said:

… or is it just that Jimbo's been wearing a chest-bra long before ...

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The southern hemisphere countries ( aussie , kiwis and south Africa ) have been using this tech for about 5 years or so in rugby and aussie rules started up a few years ago. I know they swear by it as a PT tool in practice and for a tool in the games. In the games they use it mainly to monitor and substitute the player before he max's out.also it's used to monitor what they call good or hard running against soft play or running, and so match it with the game tape as a training aid to maximize the players performance. A year and a half or so there was a half hour special on the rugby channel about it. Soft tissue injuries are down slightly,mostly in training , but major injuries haven't been affected at all. Probably due to most of those being through violence rather than players movements. Sir Gordon Tinchen who is probably the greatest 7's coach ever loves it, but like Turk said above , he also said at the end of the day it does nothing for tackling , passing or kicking

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All this kind of crap wasn't necessary when nobody had air conditioning and kids had to play outside.

:D

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n7699 said:
All this kind of crap wasn't necessary when nobody had air conditioning and kids had to play outside.

:D

Sort of like how kids today get sick from every little germ because the FDA only allows us to eat sterile food anymore.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I read about this technology last year I think. I had hoped college football might escape it.

The idea of monitoring for safety sounds good. However, this method does not factor in the effects of RF and other frequencies and fields on the multiple bioelectric systems that compose the human beings. There are effects. The questions become how much, how quickly do they show, what frequencies and strengths cause the least harm for most individuals.

I am sure this is the wave of the future because it is fascinating, provides data, and provides an additional avenue of sales for the marketplace. However, living systems are not totally like non living systems, and any one individual is not like the rest. Furthermore, except in military research circles and a few other disciplines, , a lot of the electromagnetic, and other frequency charged systems in the human are fairly unknown in the West. ( and I am not merely referring to meridian system) Partly as a consequence of this, our medical technology and practice is limited on monitoring effects until they have reached a less non matter , more substantial physiological /anatomical level.

I hate to see people potentially have the quality of their lives ruined,for any reason, especially young people, trusting in the older adults, and just aspiring for a sports career or paid college tuition. While most young athletes can probably handle the effects of having transmitters at their chest for instance, it is likely to imbalance various systems. The 2 physiological areas in which it would be most quickly obvious would be heart and brain, nervous system. One thing I would watch out for as coaching staff or trainer would be if the athlete's thinking starts to seem fuzzy or if his movements are off time or off direction in ways that are not characteristic. ( hey, errant throws could have a built in excuse facror)- it wasn't me it was the monitor). So while there could be hemispheric dominance switching ( which I have experienced from other common causes), the more likely effects would conveniently take way longer to show up as undiagnosed systemic symptoms and health problems that without diagnostic monitors that can pick up the bioelectriic systems disruptions and alterations early on , don't show up in physical organs until way down the line.

This being a very orthodox American medical community, I do not expect anyone to believe this.

Also, although this sounds totally sci fi, my visionary mind can see the mad scientist meets a win- at- all- costs sports agenda easily morphing into a new kind of sports in which not only are the players monitored but their brain waves can be imprinted with specific thought and emotions frequency electrical patterns. (Apparently there was previous research in this area with templates broadcasted at test subjects. ) . Maybe at that point they won't even use humans, we're so imperfect.

Anyway, I personally hope UF never goes to this method. Leave our guys alone. They face injury as it is. Interesting point about the major injuries .

Some technologies embraced too whole heartedly with incomplete info, (or sometimes with it, and without concern) are like playing with fire- but without the safeguard of immediate feedback of pain if it burns..

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The 6-million dollar man built from the outside … by Jimbo Fisher … is there an on/off switch to it all.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I read this stuff, Rocky IV comes to mind. Ivan got all the high tech gadgets to train with, while Rocky just dragged logs and did sit-ups lifting rocks in a bucket. Ivan had all the advantages, but in the end, good old fashioned hard work won out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if these things are connected to their ankle bracelet jail tethers.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n7929 said:
I wonder if these things are connected to their ankle bracelet jail tethers.
They don't have any. Tally PD makes sure they don't get any charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.