Graduation Season is Upon Us

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I am sure I am not the only one with a kid graduating this year, but I didn't find a thread for proud parents to post.

My youngest got his BS in Business (Marketing) yesterday. We are very proud - the COVID time caused some delays, but he did it!

(Oldest quit school 9 hours short of Civ Eng degree to get married and support his wife through dental school - hopefully he is going to finish in the next year or so).

14582.jpeg

14580.jpeg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We had back to back graduation weekends. Last weekend it was UF for my son and this weekend it was my daughter at Belmont Abbey College in Belmont, NC. In an odd coincidence both of them were in graduation processions led by bagpipes.

While proud of course, we’re both a little tired!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations! Always a proud moment. Anybody tell you that you marked the youngest?!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Congrats to the younger Altitude... My middle son will hopefully graduate high school on the 25th... He is on a thin rope currently due to some behavioral issues but we are hopeful...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My youngest son is graduating HS on Friday. They have an awards ceremony tonite. He is getting some award for the IT program, Also got a principal's award for the top students or something. He hates awards and ceremonies.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Congrats to the younger Altitude... My middle son will hopefully graduate high school on the 25th... He is on a thin rope currently due to some behavioral issues but we are hopeful...
Both my boys had to check their grades as we approached high school graduation to see if they were going to be allowed to walk up on the stage. :confused:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Youngest graduates Friday as well.
He left the house at 5:45am this morning to go watch the sunrise at school. A senior tradition.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Southern lingo. He looks a lot like his old man!
Mentioned this to my wife. She's from Nebraska and knew exactly what you meant. Go figure.

Also, she said to compare my oldest from his early days with his 10-month old son. She ain't wrong on that one.

14507.jpeg

14594.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
1684586733551.png

Graduation ceremony was last night for Lil Seedy. Couldn't have asked for better weather.
We made it!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
My youngest son is graduating HS on Friday. They have an awards ceremony tonite. He is getting some award for the IT program, Also got a principal's award for the top students or something. He hates awards and ceremonies.
How was graduation? Hope is was great for all!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
How was graduation? Hope is was great for all!
Damned near perfect. It was raining nearby so the temps went way down. we got a few drops but nothing to interfere. The speeches were not too long. 175 grads so that didnt take too long. My ex and current were far enough apart to keep the peace. My son seemed to enjoy himself. His name was second called. I saw lots of former students for lots of handshaking and hugs. The valedictorian came from my little school. I taught her and her dad is a good friend. Small town celebration with all the races, ideologies and incomes hugging and loving on each other...... all about their kids.......I swear what I read in forums and the news is nothing like what I actually see at HS events......

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My son's Senior Awards Day was yesterday. There were 24 graduates total. Of those, maybe 6 or 8 received scholarships. I also heard the school guidance counselor say that in total, these seniors were awarded over $800,000 in scholarships. Pretty impressive for a small school.

Congrats to all the graduates...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb