Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think firing Mullen is the right move at this point in time. He’s brought some stability to a program that went through two dumpster fire HCs.

I 110% have my doubts he’s the guy, don’t get me wrong. If history is any indicator, he’s not going to make the necessary moves to put us over the top (recruiting, better assistants, etc). If he doesn’t can multiple defensive staffers, then yes, he needs to go.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
@Jay26 , let me tell you how today goes, in honor of your now cancelled thread :lol:

You spend the first 3 hrs hitting refresh on the twatter and becoming increasingly disappointed.

By 11am you plug in bc your battery is low, then take a small hiatus to eat lunch hoping it happens while you've put the phone down. A watched pot...

By 1pm your phone is back in hand and frustration is mounting. By 3pm your creating a GC thread titled, "wtf are you waiting for dannn!?"

Dinner time, but no desert for you. Reality has set in, your wife is keeping her distance, the dog has a bruised rib and your kids are scared.

7pm - alcohol is doing the talking now and that wtf thread on GC is getting real interesting. You filet a couple of pump excusers on the board while your wife is busy cancelling evening NYE plans bc she doesn't want to risk public embarrassment. "It's just a game, dear" she says to you, very sheepishly.

10pm - :deadnanner:

giphy.gif

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Maybe your best post ever. The ending(though I’m hoping Jay gets laid somewhere in there) is perfect.

Doubtful he gets laid but guarantee right before he passes out he jerks off while sobbing like a school girl who just got dumped by the high school QB. Then wakes up the next morning in pure shame to find out he lacks the sexual abilities to even satisfy himself.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Mullen should fire Grantham but we all know he won't. Grantham's defense is historically awful.

His hand will be forced next year after they finish with a 7-5 record.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think firing Mullen is the right move at this point in time. He’s brought some stability to a program that went through two dumpster fire HCs.
McElstain was a stable 4 loss guy comfortable with losing too.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
McElstain was a stable 4 loss guy comfortable with losing too.

This season was incredibly McElstainish other than the big scoring numbers. Won most of our early games to give us hope, then drop the last 3 to finish with 4 losses including a bowl game ass kicking

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nova turned it off at halftime.
I did. Third week in a row. Honestly, I just can’t watch when the other team is able to score at will. Last night had to be the worst, though. Trask was so bad it just was just painful.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Jay26 , let me tell you how today goes, in honor of your now cancelled thread :lol:

You spend the first 3 hrs hitting refresh on the twatter and becoming increasingly disappointed.

By 11am you plug in bc your battery is low, then take a small hiatus to eat lunch hoping it happens while you've put the phone down. A watched pot...

By 1pm your phone is back in hand and frustration is mounting. By 3pm your creating a GC thread titled, "wtf are you waiting for dannn!?"

Dinner time, but no desert for you. Reality has set in, your wife is keeping her distance, the dog has a bruised rib and your kids are scared.

7pm - alcohol is doing the talking now and that wtf thread on GC is getting real interesting. You filet a couple of pump excusers on the board while your wife is busy cancelling evening NYE plans bc she doesn't want to risk public embarrassment. "It's just a game, dear" she says to you, very sheepishly.

10pm - :deadnanner:

Great post

The part I really like is the desire to stay indoors and avoid embarrassment.
I have several OU friends that I would prefer to not see for about a year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This season was incredibly McElstainish other than the big scoring numbers. Won most of our early games to give us hope, then drop the last 3 to finish with 4 losses including a bowl game ass kicking
when you hire the same guy repeatedly you should expect the same results.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I personally turned it off with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I switched my TV to our better prepared, better coached basketball team and threw the football game on my iPad in the 3rd

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator