Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For comparison:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCES: WVU cornerbacks coach Jahmile Addae is set to become the new DBs coach at Georgia. Addae did a tremendous job last year with the Mountaineers defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not gonna lie, this stings even more. TRob was my top choice for the position.
How hard is it to sell Co-DC and recruiting coordinator when the Fat Dwag in the Room is clearly on the way out regardless?

Vs going to scUM and being the assistant the HC who is the real DC?

I think it was just a matter of measuring the temperature of Mullen's seat and realizing he isn't lasting long. He had to already know Mullen and know what a total douchenozzle he is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For comparison:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCES: WVU cornerbacks coach Jahmile Addae is set to become the new DBs coach at Georgia. Addae did a tremendous job last year with the Mountaineers defense.
They fired or lost Charlton Warren? Bad for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That is really too bad. When he gets fired in two years hopefully he ends up at Vandy or somewhere else in the SEC East.

He has become Grantham Jr for making even everyone look like a Heisman.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How hard is it to sell Co-DC and recruiting coordinator when the Fat Dwag in the Room is clearly on the way out regardless?

Vs going to scUM and being the assistant the HC who is the real DC?

I think it was just a matter of measuring the temperature of Mullen's seat and realizing he isn't lasting long. He had to already know Mullen and know what a total douchenozzle he is.
It really does appear that mullen's on his way out. The worst DC in program history is still here and our OC just took a lesser job. Not that he's been spectacular but it's kinda odd that the seat is that warm.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am as disappointed as everyone with these bargain bin hires and I agree that this smells like a coaching staff in trouble but I am convinced that we are wrong.
Outside of the people on chatter all I read and hear are gator fans gushing over how Mullen has turned the program around. Obviously these people are either misinformed or have very low expectations.
Couple this with a weak minded AD and I am concerned that Dan will get 2-3 more years to thoroughly convince the laggards that we are NOT moving in the right direction.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I am as disappointed as everyone with these bargain bin hires and I agree that this smells like a coaching staff in trouble but I am convinced that we are wrong.
Outside of the people on chatter all I read and hear are gator fans gushing over how Mullen has turned the program around. Obviously these people are either misinformed or have very low expectations.
Couple this with a weak minded AD and I am concerned that Dan will get 2-3 more years to thoroughly convince the laggards that we are NOT moving in the right direction.

I believed this up until a few weeks ago. But with him keeping Grantham, no extensions and both the admin and Mullen being completely quiet about the "NFL" rumors I think he's got 1 foot out the door.

I think Mullen is in the same boat as Meyer, Muschamp and Butters as far as having serious issues with something in the admin office. Hell Muschamp and Butters called them out several times about it, Mullen has been more mum on the issue but with his ****ty ass hires and letting the NFL rumors float around for 2 years you know he's not happy. I expect to see him take another job or step down for other reasons after next season.

It sucks because I think Mullen could do really well here if he would just hire some elite recruiters. But either Mullen is too stupid to hire elite recruiters or either they won't come or maybe someone's not allowing him to make the hires he wants to make? Hell if I know, I just know we're soon to be on our 5th coach in a 12 or 13 year span so I'd have to think the problem is deeper than just hiring ****ty head coaches.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Agreed but I am thinking 1-2 years depending on COVID...An empty stadium and few more bad pressers and I think he'll tarnish the "UF Ivy Image" but be careful what you wish for. Does this administration really want Top Shelf Football?...I think not

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It sucks because I think Mullen could do really well here if he would just hire some elite recruiters. But either Mullen is too stupid to hire elite recruiters or either they won't come or maybe someone's not allowing him to make the hires he wants to make? Hell if I know, I just know we're soon to be on our 5th coach in a 12 or 13 year span so I'd have to think the problem is deeper than just hiring ****ty head coaches.
This really is the issue and truly makes me wonder. If it is something in the administration, it make it extremely doubtful that CDM's replacement would be much of an upgrade. Who would want the job if this is the case? I think we all know the answer. Let's hope the problem is all CDM........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator