Gray accepts offer to become Washington Redskins DB coach

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Daz coached in power 5 football for a decade and had already been an OC when CUM hired him. Teryl Austin had been a coach 17 years (all power conference or NFL) when Meyer hired him. When we hired Drayton from Miss State, he already had a decade of experience, including NFL experience. Azzanni had already been a midmajor coach for a decade and coached with CUM already at Bowling Green. Azzanni was clearly the weakest resume. WTF are you talking about?

The guys we hired have ZERO years of P5 or NFL experience and 5 years of little league experience between them and all at shyt programs.

When we did hiring a training wheels guy under CUM, we only had one at a time. If the guy didn't sinking instead of swimming, he fired them quickly. That clearly doesn't happen here. We keep the failures.

You fvkking stoned. Yes, if we had hired someone like Daz or Teryl Austin, no one would be upset. We have five directional school supervalues on this staff right fvkking now.

ESAD, BIITCH.....no offense.....

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Spurrier left for the richest contract in history at the time. Meyer caused his own problems.

Pumpers are ridiculous sometimes.

Nothing more ridiculous than constant negativity. It never works. Only makes the complainer miserable and unable to enjoy the journey.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing more ridiculous than constant negativity. It never works. Only makes the complainer miserable and unable to enjoy the journey.

So you agree your post was full of shyt. Thanks for owning your own bull. Much appreciated.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
*You're

You don't know anything about these guys, but you're certain they're awful. OK, you have the right to think whatever you want. I'd like to see how they perform before I form a strong opinion. If you don't think they'll help in recruiting I think you'll be proven wrong.
We shouldn't be hiring coaches we know nothing about .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But he didn't stay. Even the greatest Gator of them all eventually left. Unrealistic expectations and massive negativity come with this job.
And spurrier cane begging for his job back not too long afterwards.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
So you agree your post was full of shyt. Thanks for owning your own bull. Much appreciated.

Calm down we're just talking sports.....not combat. But yes if it helps I always own what I say. Sorry we disagree. You clearly dislike someone disagreeing with you as much as I dislike bitter negativity. I'll work on it. You're good. If we were all positive the board would suck and die off. Opposites attract. You're my new best friend.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Calm down we're just talking sports.....not combat. But yes if it helps I always own what I say. Sorry we disagree. You clearly dislike someone disagreeing with you as much as I dislike bitter negativity. I'll work on it. You're good. If we were all positive the board would suck and die off. Opposites attract. You're my new best friend.

Your narrative was false. You'd think a positive person wouldn't want to lie like that. Spurrier left for the largest contract in history. The fans did not run him off. Total and utter BS. Kinda odd that you would perpetuate a negative lie like that about your fellow Gator fans. Weird.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Your narrative was false. You'd think a positive person wouldn't want to lie like that. Spurrier left for the largest contract in history. The fans did not run him off. Total and utter BS. Kinda odd that you would perpetuate a negative lie like that about your fellow Gator fans. Weird.
Spurrier himself said the expectations were unrealistic. A non-championship season had become a failure in the eyes of many. He also had issues with Foley's non support with FSU. Its all well known. The money was always there. Money from the NFL was never an issue. He was going to get paid if he left at any point and he knew he held all the cards.

You might still be angry but at least we're still talking. Talking might mean calling me a liar but its progress. Remember its just sports. You're not in a march or holding a sign.....we're just talking sports. I've said I'll do better in understanding your approach and just attempt to be positive rather than suggesting you do the same. We're wired differently.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier himself said the expectations were unrealistic. A non-championship season had become a failure in the eyes of many. He also had issues with Foley's non support with FSU. Its all well known. The money was always there. Money from the NFL was never an issue. He was going to get paid if he left at any point and he knew he held all the cards.

You might still be angry but at least we're still talking. Talking might mean calling me a liar but its progress. Remember its just sports. You're not in a march or holding a sign.....we're just talking sports. I've said I'll do better in understanding your approach and just attempt to be positive rather than suggesting you do the same. We're wired differently.

It was widely known that SOS had ALWAYS wanted to be an NFL coach since his days with the Bandits. Common knowledge. I think he actually stayed at UF longer than he had planned.

You are the one coming on here creating more divisiveness with your drive-by threads. You think your 0-2 thread helps bringing the fans closer? It's antagonistic. But, guess what? Message boards were made for stuff like this. It is a place where all opinions can be heard.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It was widely known that SOS had ALWAYS wanted to be an NFL coach since his days with the Bandits. Common knowledge. I think he actually stayed at UF longer than he had planned.

You are the one coming on here creating more divisiveness with your drive-by threads. You think your 0-2 thread helps bringing the fans closer? It's antagonistic. But, guess what? Message boards were made for stuff like this. It is a place where all opinions can be heard.

He did. He talked about it often. Very common knowledge. As was what drove the timing. He spoke of it but once he left he fell on his sword which was the honorable thing to do. Best coach we ever had imo.

Lol. You thought I was trying to bring the fans here together? You ever attend a game at the Swamp? At a sports bar? Throw down beers at midtown after a game? Trust me our fans are together. As much as any fan base I've ever seen.

No my issue has been with a handful of message board posters who have nothing but negative things to say about our teams and our coaches. More than that though.....its more about that even when something positive happens it cannot be acknowledged. I never pay attention as to who writes what. Unlike you I do not know who likes Mac, White, Foley etc. I only go back and look when someone like you calls me out. In most cases within a day or two I still forget who is who. I'm just not invested in this as you are. I approach this akin to a sports bar where we argue over beers but its all good. Been a few years since we threw hands over sports.

But you are right....you have thousands of posts and I'm a drive by poster with what? Maybe 40 or so posts. Certainly no standing to debate with such legendary numbers. As I've said I'll try to just be positive rather than try to influence anyone to do the same. We come different worlds and ran with different folks.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He did. He talked about it often. Very common knowledge. As was what drove the timing. He spoke of it but once he left he fell on his sword which was the honorable thing to do. Best coach we ever had imo.

Lol. You thought I was trying to bring the fans here together? You ever attend a game at the Swamp? At a sports bar? Throw down beers at midtown after a game? Trust me our fans are together. As much as any fan base I've ever seen.

No my issue has been with a handful of message board posters who have nothing but negative things to say about our teams and our coaches. More than that though.....its more about that even when something positive happens it cannot be acknowledged. I never pay attention as to who writes what. Unlike you I do not know who likes Mac, White, Foley etc. I only go back and look when someone like you calls me out. In most cases within a day or two I still forget who is who. I'm just not invested in this as you are. I approach this akin to a sports bar where we argue over beers but its all good. Been a few years since we threw hands over sports.

But you are right....you have thousands of posts and I'm a drive by poster with what? Maybe 40 or so posts. Certainly no standing to debate with such legendary numbers. As I've said I'll try to just be positive rather than try to influence anyone to do the same. We come different worlds and ran with different folks.

T-Rex is our legendary Negator....just ignore him like everyone else does.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I'm very positive on White. He is doing an amazing job. Mac? Not so much.

This is a great place. But lose the holier than thou attitude. Go Gators!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I'm very positive on White. He is doing an amazing job. Mac? Not so much.

This is a great place. But lose the holier than thou attitude. Go Gators!

Never. You call it holier than thou. I call it positive. Negative is no way to spend one's life. We each have our own perspective.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Never. You call it holier than thou. I call it positive. Negative is no way to spend one's life. We each have our own perspective.

Ha! Call it whatever you want, it's comes across as you trying to be condescending. It is laughable. I am a very positive person. I could list the many reasons but you(and others) somehow want to extrapolate that because I think Mac sucks that I walk around eating babies and kicking dogs all day. LOL. So much for your positivity. The truth is you do not want to hear the truth. I deal in reality not la la land. Have fun on your unicorn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.