Great Expectations or A Feel Good Story

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, the greatest damage caused by the present regime is the lowered expectations. I made the mistake of reading Beard's "Thoughts....." this morning and was appalled by this statement. "Realistically, nobody with a functioning brain has ever expected Muschamp to match what either Spurrier or Meyer accomplished..."

I can't speak for all the other nonfunctioning brains but that's exactly what I expected and if those expectations were not being approached I EXPECTED a continual change until the expectations were met or approached. After all, since SOS, most of the fans with nonfunctioning brains stopped categorizing Florida as another Kentucky or Vanderbilt. We EXPECTED to compete with the big boys.

After admitting it was painful to watch (certainly an understatement) Franz goes on to talk about what a "feel good story" it would be to see the Prodigal Son (my description) Will Muschamp succeed -- "Probably 90-95% of the Gators I encounter really want Muschamp to succeed." I disagree. I think 100% of Gator fans, even those with nonfunctioning brains, want Muschamp to succeed. Isn’t that the rub? He’s not succeeding!

Then he goes on to get to the core of my argument – opining that Florida is actually 4-2 this season since you can count Idaho as a win and so if we finish 7-4 it would be really 8-4 and we can all live happily ever after (my slant) and the hell with championships and excellence on the field when we can all have a feel good story instead.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep with Foley floating those stories on 7-4 and telling recruits Muschamp is safe it will take 4 losses pre-FSU game to get Muschamp out of here. Most Gator fans I talk to want him out of here right now. They don't want to hold the program up by retaining him another season.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I take ZERO interest in what a recruit says. Foley has to be positive, he can't be a drag on recruiting then evaluate his employee on how well he's doing on recruiting. Recruiting is a sales job. At this point, are recruits really coming here to play for the great WM, or are they are coming to be Gators?
Nice take on Beard's story, btw king.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp gets through this season at 7-4 Foley probably keeps him... like it or not. I think we have a shot to be 8-3 if Treon starts.

This weeks game is huge. Mizzou is coming off an embarassing loss. They know they can take advantage of our pass defense and they are going to try to do that.

If we can avoid giving up any stupid big plays we may win this game... oh... and if Treon starts.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The underlying problem is that WM doesn't "connect" with the fan base. He makes no effort to "share his story" with us. Just the same old "coach talk" which sounds increasingly like lies to me.

I'm tired of the whole mess and want changes made, starting with the HC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Connect? I think he's overexposed. Frankly I'd like to hear much less out of his mouth. I can't even stand to hear his voice anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.