Greatest Letter Ever: Rat Infestation Problem

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brad, you guys have 3 options:

1) Do nothing further, let it go. At least you got some fine money out of him.

2) Start the letter and fine process again, and let it pile up. Eventually you'll have to sue him again.

3) Put out a proposal to all residents to amend the documents to allow the HOA to "self help" in cases like this. The HOA attorney will have to draw everything up. A members meeting will then need to be called and votes taken via proxy. Assuming it passes (the amount of the majority you need will be outlined in your current documents), you will then have the authority to (after written warnings) send a full crew in there to clean everything up, then put the bill on his account. The workers risk being shot, but I think it's the only way to actually fix the problem.
DENNIS:
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist-commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

ARTHUR:
Yes.

DENNIS:
But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.

ARTHUR:
Yes, I see.

DENNIS:
By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--

ARTHUR:
Be quiet!
DENNIS:
--but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--

ARTHUR:
Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN:
Order, eh -- who does he think he is?

ARTHUR
I am your king!

WOMAN
Well, I didn't vote for you.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
DENNIS:
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist-commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

ARTHUR:
Yes.

DENNIS:
But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.

ARTHUR:
Yes, I see.

DENNIS:
By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--

ARTHUR:
Be quiet!
DENNIS:
--but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--

ARTHUR:
Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN:
Order, eh -- who does he think he is?

ARTHUR
I am your king!

WOMAN
Well, I didn't vote for you.

iu

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The guy should just xeriscape his lawn with River rock and call it Florida friendly.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Here is pic from this afternoon as I was driving by. If you look closely, you can see orange clay Mediterranean tiles in the dead center. 3 really nice cars parked under those trees in the front yard on the left.

Is it the same cars always parked there or do the cars vary?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HOA's in Florida are notorious for filing foreclosures on property....
You can’t foreclose on someone’s homestead in the state of Florida, unless you actually have a mortgage on the property.

You are out of your depth here, just drop it.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Damn that's a beautiful lawn. I mean exactly how I'd love my property to look! This dude gets it!
For me the picture ruined the story. Maybe that pic isn't capturing the contrast with the neighboring properties, but it doesn't look so terrible that it would bother me as I was driving by it. I actually like the Spanish moss. :dunno:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Presumably he doesn't have any animals that are being neglected or I'm sure Brad would've mentioned it, but I wonder why he paid a premium to live in an equestrian neighborhood?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For me the picture ruined the story. Maybe that pic isn't capturing the contrast with the neighboring properties, but it doesn't look so terrible that it would bother me as I was driving by it. I actually like the Spanish moss. :dunno:

The house looks like it has been abandoned a long time ago. Every new guest that comes by asks about it. Every potential new sale or build asks about it. There is actually not that much contrast in the photo because of spring bloom and how new green everything is right now. One of the photos submitted with the lawsuit from basically the same viewpont:
C98A4A6A-CF5B-4B52-A7D9-2F2E045A9325.jpeg

There are a couple of people who have horses. Everyone else, including me, just likes the elbow room.

I walked outside and just took a picture of the home across the street for a comparison:
DFE1AFA0-AE39-4C26-A68D-3FF431DDB6F6.jpeg

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The house looks like it has been abandoned a long time ago. Every new guest that comes by asks about it. Every potential new sale or build asks about it. There is actually not that much contrast in the photo because of spring bloom and how new green everything is right now. One of the photos submitted with the lawsuit from basically the same viewpont:

There are a couple of people who have horses. Everyone else, including me, just likes the elbow room.

I walked outside and just took a picture of the home across the street for a comparison:
Looks like a cheap Murphy Village gypsy house.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Haha okay better pics. So if nobody has horses what makes it an equestrian community per se? As opposed to a Nice Neighborhood with Big Ass Lots

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Haha okay better pics. So if nobody has horses what makes it an equestrian community per se? As opposed to a Nice Neighborhood with Big Ass Lots

Well for one, every lot is Ag3 zoned. There is a bridal trail that run along the back lot line of every house. The bridal trail leads directly to the Cross Florida Greenway, which has hundreds of miles of dedicated, groomed horse trails. It’s actually the only neighborhood that connects directly to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.