Greenard for Heisman?

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Why can’t we start this? Is it feasible to think if he dominated the remainder of our games he’d be in the conversation much as Chase Young? Stats are very similar considering Greenard has played half the games Young has and has more turnover. Solid exposure for the D and recruiting if nothing else.
53F9725C-FE0E-4B3B-AAD6-280E72F4344B.png 6F705B0A-58A9-41FB-8BB7-8B72899DFB73.png

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Chase Young is one of the best defensive lineman of this generation. Greenard is a solid player with a great motor.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I get the point you're making--but Young just dominated a formerly top 10-caliber opponent almost single-handedly in a marquee matchup that was nationally televised. Greenard has similar stats and could arguably be equal had he played all of our games...but he hasn't taken over a game with all of college football watching (he was instrumental in the miami game, sure, but not 4 sacks, 5 TFL, and 2 fumbles type dominant).

That said: here's hoping Greenard has 5 sacks, 6 TFL, 3 fumbles, 1 INT, and a defensive TD this weekend vs the mutts...and similar numbers in every game the rest of the way out!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Why can’t we start this? Is it feasible to think if he dominated the remainder of our games he’d be in the conversation much as Chase Young? Stats are very similar considering Greenard has played half the games Young has and has more turnover. Solid exposure for the D and recruiting if nothing else.
Wait, I thought Trask was going to win the Heisman. I'm confused.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
13.5 sacks vs 4?

Side_1032d292-aa7b-4f9c-b64d-8d756ed142ab.jpg
Not defending my OB glasses. But, considering Greenard has played virtually half the games Young has. I was just curious for the statistical comparison. All things being equal. The numbers are not too too far off had he played 8.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Not defending my OB glasses. But, considering Greenard has played virtually half the games Young has. I was just curious for the statistical comparison. All things being equal. The numbers are not too too far off had he played 8.

Badow, you may need to back away from the bar...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is the perfect case where numbers do not tell the whole story nor can you extrapolate. Let me say that Greenard has been nothing short of a savior for our defense. What a great find and we are extremely lucky to have him. He plays with such energy and hustle that all I can say is that if CeCe Jefferson had Greenard's heart and desire he might be on an NFL roster and playing. Now NFL draft prospects and Heisman do not have to be used in the same sentence (see Wuerffel, Toretta, White, etc. etc.), but Chase Young is the #1 player on every draft board, tho he probably will not go #1 thanx to the QB's. But have you seen OSU and Young play? The guy is single handedly a wrecking crew. Double teamed consistently and sometimes triple teamed, which means coaches have to scheme for him every week. Greenard is not a guy that coaches say how do we contain this guy on every play on a weekly basis? D. Brown for Auburn is the closest to Young as he too is almost unblockable. Again Greenard in the MVP of the UF defense and I am grateful he chose UF, but not a difference maker on every single snap of the ball

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
My apologies gang. I did not mean to have this be taken so literal. Was interested in the comparison. If you multiply Greenards stats by 2 (Give or take) actual playing time they aren’t far off. Again, a big IF. What will win him the heisman is his interception total obviously.

also. At least make it a six pack. Thanks.
F u c k Ugay. And the F uckeyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb