Grier thinks his arm is strong, best QB in draft

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think the he's a product of the air raid system and won't do well in the NFL argument is funny. The nfl went gaga over Kingsbury because he runs an air raid system and love how Mahomes turned out (moreso due to Reid in my opinion).

The NFL is so pass happy now and a QB league, college air raid QBs should be OK. Still there's some red flags and he'll probably go lower than the other QBs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the he's a product of the air raid system and won't do well in the NFL argument is funny. The nfl went gaga over Kingsbury because he runs an air raid system and love how Mahomes turned out (moreso due to Reid in my opinion).

The NFL is so pass happy now and a QB league, college air raid QBs should be OK. Still there's some red flags and he'll probably go lower than the other QBs.
They mention someone like Jared Stidham ahead of him. That's absurd. Stidham sucks balls.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
They mention someone like Jared Stidham ahead of him. That's absurd. Stidham sucks balls.

Agreed. Talent wise Grier should be drafted ahead of all those guys. Lock? He had a good game vs Florida who has lately made Missouri QBs look like all americans. Duke's QB a first rounder? The NFL doesn't learn from their mistakes (Ponder and Manuel, for example).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion is already well known. I think he's an absolutely terrific NFL prospect whose stock is going to continue to rise over the next two months. There's no way he's getting out of the first round in a QB-desperate league.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think he’s a Favre type QB. True gunslinger. Will be interesting to see how he develops. That idiot Mac cutting him lose was the second dumbest thing he did at Florida behind making up death threats.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if Grier is the best in the draft, but I do think he is a solid option for someone and should have at least a decent career. He won't be able to do it on arm strength alone though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Similar look/similar career?
dan-fouts.jpg

559879317_750x422.jpg

char-5.jpg

west-virginia-qb-will-grier-weighs-in-on-expectations-for-2018-stadium.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's no different than three years ago, only it's more certain now. Gets rid of the ball early, very quick release, better than average arm strength, good accuracy and touch, has above average awareness in the pocket. And he can run.

What's not to like?

He'll go in the first round.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll be hooked on coke as soon as he gets his first paycheck. Fck him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is the most talented QB available.

It will be his intangible red flags such as getting himself suspended then quitting his team at WVU which will cost him.

I cant wait to hear the leaks regardong his extracurricular activities.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hoping he falls to my Jags in the 2nd....so they can then draft a punter instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator