GSMB Extinct

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n1556 said:
I woiuldn't piss them off yet. Perhaps Ox can still negotiate for an email list of subscribers as a method of the Sun currying some goodwill with those of us pissed about their decision.

Good favor. :lol: It's a damn message board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't care less about the Sun. I didn't read them before except for recruiting. I certainly don't care what dumbass Andrieu or Drooley have to say. However, it would be nice to get the rest of the members over hear. Frankly, some may not be able to find it or have the ability to presume that Ox might make a replacement (even though we hinted at it).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n1567 said:

Yeah, but they want us to not have a bad taste in our mouths so that we still buy their fishwrap or use their main page.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Jabberdave;n1567 said:

Yeah, but they want us to not have a bad taste in our mouths so that we still buy their fishwrap or use their main page.
Point taken. I don't think I get much of anything from that place. I haven't received the paper in....hell, 10 years? Even then, it was only weekend delivery. The only thing there worth a **** is Zach's recruiting info. I do follow Dooley on Twitter, but that is more for the comedic value. "Dr. Football." Bwahahaha!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Law98gator;n1556 said:
I woiuldn't piss them off yet. Perhaps Ox can still negotiate for an email list of subscribers as a method of the Sun currying some goodwill with those of us pissed about their decision.

F*ck goodwill with the Sun.
Agreed. They didn't even have the decency to give us any notice or at least be honest about the reason they were shutting it down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
Alright. What's the real story here? How can a joke thread sink the Titanic? Where's the logical argument for the Powers That Be to end the sports forum of the University of Florida? In the end did it come down to the root of all evil, money? Dis Ox piss off a big shot at the Gainesville Sun or their baby daddy, the New York Times? Did banned posters like Sid crying to management force political correctness? In other words what the hell happened here?

Here's the official response I received from the SUN......

This was a long time in the works since social media has become the main
form of communication on the Internet.

The anonymous message board has fallen out of favor and can be cumbersome
to manage and moderate.

We have decided to put our time and effort to creating a new social media
platform for sports fans to communicate.

Thank you for reading,

Joel Axon
The real story here is that the Voles still suck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Jabberdave;n1567 said:

Dr Football is hilarious. He knows less about football than Wooble.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we miss Zack's updates so much, just cut and paste them. As long as you give him credit, we should be alright.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Jabberdave;n1567 said:

Who calls themself Dr. Football? It's a riot.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Jabberdave;n1567 said:

Does he really call himself Dr. Football?!?! That's ****ing hilarious!

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess my email didn't go over so well.

Halifax *******s.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n1542 said:
I am going to have to send this Joel guy an email.
Please don't. :facepalm:

Joel was the "boss" of the mods and was my primary contact. I've spoken to him on the phone. He's a good guy that is just following orders. He's also the one who probably got his butt reamed over that thread, as the content of the forum is ultimately his responsibility.

Best to just let it go at this point. Their reasoning is irrelevant now.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n1980 said:
Please don't. :facepalm:

Joel was the "boss" of the mods and was my primary contact. I've spoken to him on the phone. He's a good guy that is just following orders. He's also the one who probably got his butt reamed over that thread, as the content of the forum is ultimately his responsibility.

Best to just let it go at this point. Their reasoning is irrelevant now.

resized_business-cat-meme-generator-i-say-let-bygones-be-bygones-also-i-m-totally-drunk-right-now-c088ba.jpg

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:duckhunt: Agree with Ox. Let's focus on making this the best home we can...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Overall, I would have to say the Sun/Times/Halifax group acted like the bilge pump liberals that they are... 75% of the posters loved the Gators and 25% were just disgruntled by nature, pretty normal for a MB. But in classic liberal fashion, they punished the majority for the acts of the minority... ok, my first post is in the wrong place... send it to the politics forum, lol.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Jabberdave;n1567 said:

Drooley calls himself Dr. Football.

You can bet no one else does.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n2080 said:
Overall, I would have to say the Sun/Times/Halifax group acted like the bilge pump liberals that they are... 75% of the posters loved the Gators and 25% were just disgruntled by nature, pretty normal for a MB. But in classic liberal fashion, they punished the majority for the acts of the minority... ok, my first post is in the wrong place... send it to the politics forum, lol.

It's true, it's true........ They, the management, acted like gutless cowards by not addressing the real issues and creeped out the back door.

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Halifax had no vision regarding GSMB. It was a matter of time. It was their board and a free service. I'm glad most of us are here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator