GSMB Extinct

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From now on we'll celebrate independence day on June 11.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its an interesting interplay of thoughts and emotions as I sit here musing. I don't like Ox. The feeling of hostility is mutual. After all an authority figure Gator and a defiant rebel Vol are like oil and water. Yet I instinctively entered his name in Google as a way back to this new battleground. Like it or not its Ox's super patriot Gator fan mania and inflated ego are the launching pad for this Phoenix rising message board.

The GSMB physically was merely a server or group of servers somewhere in central Florida created and administered by a changing cast of characters. The real GSMB was the core subset of posters who consistently entered the board with something to say primarily about Gator and SEC football. Fans argued and debated with each other about coaches, players and the direction of the football program, games just played and games to be contested in the future. Rivals flew in to drop their ball breaking bombs and risked being shot down in flames. Its all really just a game. If 90% of the GSMB core posters migrate to this new message board t instead of scattering to the wind the GSMB lives perhaps not in name but spirit.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n2203 said:
Its an interesting interplay of thoughts and emotions as I sit here musing. I don't like Ox. The feeling of hostility is mutual. After all an authority figure Gator and a defiant rebel Vol are like oil and water. Yet I instinctively entered his name in Google as a way back to this new battleground. Like it or not its Ox's super patriot Gator fan mania and inflated ego are the launching pad for this Phoenix rising message board.

The GSMB physically was merely a server or group of servers somewhere in central Florida created and administered by a changing cast of characters. The real GSMB was the core subset of posters who consistently entered the board with something to say primarily about Gator and SEC football. Fans argued and debated with each other about coaches, players and the direction of the football program, games just played and games to be contested in the future. Rivals flew in to drop their ball breaking bombs and risked being shot down in flames. Its all really just a game. If 90% of the GSMB core posters migrate to this new message board t instead of scattering to the wind the GSMB lives perhaps not in name but spirit.

I hate you too, but that's a pretty good post.:suspect:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
thanks, Alvin. Ox or Jabber, ban him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
thanks, Alvin. Ox or Jabber, ban him.
It's the offseason. We need the target practice and cheap entertainment. I say we keep him around for a while.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
spook said:
Halifax had no vision regarding GSMB. It was a matter of time. It was their board and a free service. I'm glad most of us are here.
Are you going to be a mod on this board too?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n2203 said:

Yeah, Mr Creamsicle has some entertainment value when he keeps his thoughts under two paragraphs. :jerkit:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n1980 said:
Please don't. :facepalm: Joel was the "boss" of the mods and was my primary contact. I've spoken to him on the phone. He's a good guy that is just following orders. He's also the one who probably got his butt reamed over that thread, as the content of the forum is ultimately his responsibility. Best to just let it go at this point. Their reasoning is irrelevant now.
That was a joke, regarding the joke, about the fake joke.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n805 said:
I wish the Volunteers were extinct.

Do they really exist? They are just dumb Vandy now. Even in our worst year with a two star QB that's never been on the field and the worst coach in 50 years, we beyotch slapped them. They are the SEC equivalent of a money game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin actually made sense...... Hell just froze over..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.