Gymnastics: #1 UF at #14 Auburn tonight 8pm

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gymnastics team starts their season and drive for another natty tonight at #14 Auburn (ESPN+ 8pm). Gators should have an easy go of it barring some significant falls. Rowland will probably play with the line-up a bit based upon in-house meet results. The biggest question mark for the team is on bars and beam where Gowey and Hundley were always rock solid for 9.9+ scores. Look for some combination of freshman Ellie Lazzari and Gabi Gallentine to look to take those spots. Both girls had impressive L10/elite skills for those events before coming to UF. Of interest will also be to see how Trinity Thomas comes out (only active college gymnast on the US National Team). I'll also be looking for how/if Nya Reed shows, since she had a restricted Soph season but is capable of big vaults (always needed) and bigger floor routines. Tune in 8pm should be good easy watching of a Gator victory.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
My daughter is a gymnast, so we'll be watching. She's level 7 and her goal is to be a Gator gymnast...not sure she can do it, but I sure hope she does!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
My daughter is a gymnast, so we'll be watching. She's level 7 and her goal is to be a Gator gymnast...not sure she can do it, but I sure hope she does!

My daughter made it to level 4. She didn't want to do it anymore at that point. We witnessed 2 broken legs, a broken neck, bunch of broke collarbones and hundreds of sprains at practices and meets. She was getting to the stuff that was scaring the crap out of her so she quit. Having witnessed all those broken bones and countless tumbles, her mother and I were just fine with her not wanting to do it anymore.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
That's awesome. My daughter is all in with the sport. Those girls are tough as hell. Her season starts next week, so looking forward to it.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Knock on wood, but my daughter has stayed pretty healthy. We've seen teammates come and go with burnout and countless injuries, though.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Level 7 is legit!

We just got our girls an air mat trumble track for Christmas. We can't get them off the thing.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Knock on wood, but my daughter has stayed pretty healthy. We've seen teammates come and go with burnout and countless injuries, though.
Unfortunately its gonna happen to some degree, mine has dislocated her elbow as the worst. Other than that, just torn off nails and rips on her hands. So true with the burnout and boys. Gym stays her boyfriend! lol

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Oh yeah, I can’t tell you how many rips she’s had on her hands. But she loves it. I don’t think she would know what to do without gymnastics in her life. She’s got 20 hours of practice each week. That’s a lot for a 12 year old.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Oh yeah, I can’t tell you how many rips she’s had on her hands. But she loves it. I don’t think she would know what to do without gymnastics in her life. She’s got 20 hours of practice each week. That’s a lot for a 12 year old.
That's my daughter's age too! She is the same way about it. Are you in Florida

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Yeah, we live near Ormond Beach/Flagler Beach. Maybe we’ll be at some of the same meets.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yeah, we live near Ormond Beach/Flagler Beach. Maybe we’ll be at some of the same meets.
Probably at least State, maybe regionals and nationals. She starts next week in Bradenton at TBT, then Atlanta, Presidential Classic in Orlando, Elevate the stage in Alabama and I think one in Daytona maybe Gasparilla. Would love to meet and see them compete

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As expected, an easy outing for Gators cruising to a 197.5 - 195.725 win. If not for the first rotation on bars the Gators could have easily scored over a 198 which is a massive score in college gymnastics. Impressive performance by the team in sticking all their landings on vault. As predicted, Trinity Thomas looked amazing pulling several 10s from judges on vault and beam. Nya Reed looks to be back and plenty strong. Elli Lazzari will probably pull SEC Freshman of the week honors with her performance. On to next week's home opener versus Georgia! Go Gators!

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Probably at least State, maybe regionals and nationals. She starts next week in Bradenton at TBT, then Atlanta, Presidential Classic in Orlando, Elevate the stage in Alabama and I think one in Daytona maybe Gasparilla. Would love to meet and see them compete

We’re doing Daytona and Gasparilla, so we should meet up. Looking forward to meeting another member of the Chatter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb