Had Driskel played under Mullen he would have won Heisman

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
weed ain't legal yet in Florida, but don't let that stop you
He's obviously decent you realize he's lasted in the league more than most of our QBs. Or if Mullen could of coached jacoby brissett . Guarantee Heisman sitting right before our eyes. We had two NFL players and muschamp was busy recruiting Treon guy was clueless

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What trophies could of been.
CKr7XhJW8AATYJQ.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No. He would’ve looked better, certainly could’ve run that system better than WM’s constant rotating garbage. He also wouldn’t have shut down the way he did here. But he also has a bit of a ceiling because he’s mentally not the sharpest.

Love the work ethic and resilience, and he was always a good representative of UF. But he’s primarily in the NFL because he has a rare combination of build, arm strength and athleticism.

But if that’s the premise, it means we hire Mullen instead of WM in 2011, in which case we’re all a lot happier right now and livers are collectively in much better shape.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's obviously decent you realize he's lasted in the league more than most of our QBs. Or if Mullen could of coached jacoby brissett . Guarantee Heisman sitting right before our eyes. We had two NFL players and muschamp was busy recruiting Treon guy was clueless

I won’t disagree with your last part about WM being clueless. He did have an NFL starter and great athlete at QB—not to mention Burton and Reed—and still couldn’t make an offense work.

But as much as I love your confidence, even in your avatar picture, Driskel looks lost and mesmerized by those light thingies next to the big TV. What the hell does TOL mean anyway?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A few thoughts.

1. You're either new here or a gluten for punishment.

2. I gave you a like for the courage too. I love the moxie, independence of thought, and freedom to post what you want, despite the blowback you'll get.

3. Despite what all these posters say, few if any have any clue how he would have done under Mullen. Mullen's ability to scheme and call plays to help his QB succeed has far surpassed what I would have expected. Could Mullen have helped him read defenses better? Almost certainly. ...well enough to be uber successful? Unknowable, but I would have liked to see it. Furthermore, he seems to be the type player who could have excelled in Mullen's offense. Who knows, he may have been able to be in the conversation. Maybe not.

4. He had all that you would want in a football player and QB. He was super athletic, very good arm, fast, and tough. Like sofla said, "work ethic and resilience, and he was always a good representative of UF."
One last thing. He definitely has a look that's sometimes Dopey. I don't think he's as dumb as people here like to proclaim (of course a lot get's proclaimed by people who are talking out of their swamp donkey). Let's look at his draft stats.

40 Yard Dash: 4.56 s
Wonderlic: What do you think he got? Before we get that answer, let's look at some typical scores.

Average score in the NFL by position
Though used in a variety of settings, the Wonderlic test has become best known for its use in the NFL's Scouting Combine. According to Paul Zimmerman's The New Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football, the average score of a NFL player according to position is the following:[36]
An average football player usually scores around 20 points. Most teams want at least 21 for a quarterback.

Median score by profession
Listed are a sample of median scores by profession on the Wonderlic test from 1983. The scores are listed in descending numerical order, and professions with the same score have been alphabetized.[28]
Jeff Driskel scored a 29. Despite what people say, he isn't and wasn't stupid.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This guy would of been perfect for Mullen. What could of been. If we could just go back in time. What trophies could of been.
The word 'have' is a helper verb. It's called a helper verb because it is your friend. Use it so you don't sound like the adenoidal mouth-breather you are touting here.

5xymk9twmu021.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Driskel scored a 29. Despite what people say, he isn't and wasn't stupid.
You actually believe that? His agent floated that score - they aren't published. According to people in the know, the real number was under 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb