Halftime adjustments

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
We looked absolutely abysmal in the first half. I was disgusted at times. We still have a VERY long way to go, but that game had the best halftime adjustments we have seen in a decade. Still looked shaky at times in the 2nd half, but I like that we saw some real progression. I'm hopeful...

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Was awesome to see. Both sides of the ball adjusted...would never see that from Butters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really, the adjustments were going back to what gave us spark in the first half. Getting the ball out wide to our playmakers and letting things happen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we'd adjust our way out of the Scarlett runs to the outside, but I think we will get there.

Altogether decent game. Wish we'd stuck with the quick passes early on and put more pressure on their terrible DBs earlier but it was one of the worst matchups we will have, a strong DL versus our five.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We should have booted that scumbag last fall.

Scarlett is pretty good at picking up the blitz, I do think that Perine has been the most consistent back so far this year. Pierce is exciting, and I wish they’d kept feeding him tonight on that one drive that Scarlett got stuffed on, but that’s the coaches decision. Scarlett got it on the 4th down play. I still believe Scarlett is still valuable to this team, but I think his touches need to be limited for some of the other backs.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Give me Perine and Pierce. Pierce is such a tough runner and always seems to fall forward for additional yards. He’s going to be a good one and needs to get more touches. I understand that Scarlett is the best at blitz pickup but he’s not running well and is the worst pass catching back I’ve ever seen here

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What baffles me is JC’s dancing away from the hole and reversing into the giant pile of linemen. Looks like he needs glasses. Maybe DM should have Fierce give JC a lesson on how to decisively hit the hole. Getting taught by a freshman might provide the wake up call he needs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While half time adjustments are great. Why can't this staff make adjustments during the game like elite staffs do???? Sometimes you can't wait until half time...

And, while Scarlett might be "the best" at blitz pick-up he is still no where close to where he should be...

Those comments aside... a nice victory over a not-so-good team...
Wow, a lot of back-handed compliments there. I'm not sure where you expected us to be right now, especially after the UK game.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give me Perine and Pierce. Pierce is such a tough runner and always seems to fall forward for additional yards. He’s going to be a good one and needs to get more touches. I understand that Scarlett is the best at blitz pickup but he’s not running well and is the worst pass catching back I’ve ever seen here

I laughed at the last sentence. Indeed it’s true

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator