Happy Anniversary! Jim McElwain fired

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I understand. I really do. I've just been so beaten down into submission with the demise of our beloved program. Bad hire after bad hire with Urban Liar checking out before all of that. I just want it to be fun again. It hasn't been fun in so long. Just posting this is making me so sad right now.

Just make the right hire, UF administration. Please give us hope again. It's been too long.

The correct hire would be to hire GATORCHATTER to oversee the search and name the coach. That would be the RIGHT hire!!!!!!:owned:

And if I can speak for OX, we would do it Pro Bono

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The correct hire would be to hire GATORCHATTER to oversee the search and name the coach. That would be the RIGHT hire!!!!!!:owned:

I offer my services free of charge. First order of business is to literally buy a ham sammich costume, and have a random person off the street wear it on the sideline, and be the coach on gameday for the rest of the year. I guarantee ham sammich will do a better job.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let the good times roll, Gators! CSU, prepare for the Return of the Mac.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the coaching pool is definitely stronger this time.
The number of buyer's will be unprecedented, just in SEC, Probably, ATM, UT, Barn, Arky, UF, Ole Piss, ATM will have deep pockets. Then the cannibalization will start, Mullens gone from State will open that spot.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The number of buyer's will be unprecedented, just in SEC, Probably, ATM, UT, Barn, Arky, UF, Ole Piss, ATM will have deep pockets.

At least we have a head start on the competition by firing him now

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
For some reason, I have a fair amount of pity for Mac compared to the chump firing (absolutely none in 2014). Not saying Mac needed “one more year.” I think it’s the right call based on mounds of stats and the eye test.

I guess I’m just baffled at the odd chain of events that led to Mac’s undoing (a considerable amount of his own doing). Whereas with chump, the guy has an incredible amount of stubborn arrogance that inspired more anger in me than any other UF coach dating back to dickey (my early years).

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but those are my thoughts. Maybe I’m getting soft now that I’m eligible for AARP membership.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

And if I can speak for OX, we would do it Pro Bono

I wish I could LOVE this post.

I cannot stand social media. The amount of stupid posts and people on there about who to hire is mindboggling.

But here, it seems like the majority of us are in agreement.

Are we more negative here?

Or are we just more intelligent and realistic?

This is why this is my TOP place for all things Gator on the internet. I came here only over a year ago from GSMB.

Thanks for being a family I can turn to at anytime.

Even when I rant on about my disgust for notre dame.

Go Gators

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The number of buyer's will be unprecedented, just in SEC, Probably, ATM, UT, Barn, Arky, UF, Ole Piss, ATM will have deep pockets. Then the cannibalization will start, Mullens gone from State will open that spot.

UF , UT, Ole Missy 100%. I also think A&M but not 100% sure, not sure about Barn. I could see Arky being soft and keeping Bert. And Cowbell yes, when some idiots take Cousin Eddie.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason, I have a fair amount of pity for Mac compared to the chump firing (absolutely none in 2014). Not saying Mac needed “one more year.” I think it’s the right call based on mounds of stats and the eye test.

I guess I’m just baffled at the odd chain of events that led to Mac’s undoing (a considerable amount of his own doing). Whereas with chump, the guy has an incredible amount of stubborn arrogance that inspired more anger in me than any other UF coach dating back to dickey (my early years).

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but those are my thoughts. Maybe I’m getting soft now that I’m eligible for AARP membership.
Mac quit on this team. He told his agent to start looking for a landing spot before the first game. Then he threw all of Gator Nation under the bus with the death threat BS.
Fck him and all he stands for!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac quit on this team. He told his agent to start looking for a landing spot before the first game. Then he threw all of Gator Nation under the bus with the death threat BS.
The team quit on him, in November 2015. They weren't buying his BS either.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

Wow! If this is true, then yeah, screw him. That's disappointing. Yet another coach I'll be rooting against big time. Sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.