Happy Fathers Day

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just wanted to wish all you Gator dads a happy Fathers Day! Raise em all to be Great Gators!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to be a great father today. Good luck to all you young fathers and congratulations to all of you that have been able to juggle demanding jobs and still find time to spend every second you can teaching your children to be upstanding people and great Gators! Salud!

Thatguy^

Founding Member
Clearance rack
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Being a parent is the greatest accomplishment. I love that my son is a huge Gator, I love even more just being a fan of his. Happy Fathers day to all of the proud papas out there.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thatguy^;n2678 said:
Being a parent is the greatest accomplishment. I love that my son is a huge Gator, I love even more just being a fan of his. Happy Fathers day to all of the proud papas out there.
We have our first due in 14 days. Gonna be a challenge raising him as a Gator up here in Dwagland, but hope to back in Florida within 10 years so I can take him to the Swamp and teach him how to fish...like my dad did with me!

Thatguy^

Founding Member
Clearance rack
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Thatguy^;n2678 said:
We have our first due in 14 days. Gonna be a challenge raising him as a Gator up here in Dwagland, but hope to back in Florida within 10 years so I can take him to the Swamp and teach him how to fish...like my dad did with me!
Goodluck to your family. After the first year you won't remember what lIfe was like before.... and you won't want it any other way. It's hard being up in that place. ... jUst teach them to be kind and respectful and they will see the ligHt to the good guys.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n2684 said:

The first 3 years are really tough. Neither you nor your wife will get much sleep for the 1st year. Your wife in particular. And you'll be walking around in a sleepless haze that won't fully wear off until you're about 3 years in. And if you start adding siblings, keep adding up those sleepless years. You'll stop going out, you'll be going to sleep earlier and earlier and if you stay on point, all of your time will revolve around your children.

BUT -- It's completely worth it. If you have boys, it really starts to pay dividends around 6 years old. He can really start to engage you in watching sports, really understanding them, and playing them. My kids are funny as hell and although I'm done having kids, I would do all those sleepless nights again for those turkeys.

As far as girls, I don't know. I don't have any.

Also, the first couple years are likely to put a lot of strain on your marriage. Mainly because you don't sleep. So nobody's in their right mind. This is where a lot of families break apart. If you recognize this early and remember this is the toughest part and love her even though she's acting crazy (and vice versa for her to you) your marriage will grow infinitely stronger and your kids will have a great home life to emulate.

Good luck!

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks and happy Fathers Day back at y'all. Neither of mine are here right now, but I expect the broke, tired and hungry squad to arrive shortly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks and happy fathers day to you guys. This one's my favorite so far because it's my first one as a dad.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks and Happy Father's day to you all as well. I've got 2 boys. 16 months and 6 weeks. I know what you're talking about J and MJM congratulations again. Both the boys got t-shirt/onesy that says "Dad's Golfing Buddy" Now, I've got to go to work today. I'm the only Father in the place and I get schedule. :rolleyes:

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mine are 21 and 17. Doesn't feel like I've been at this game that long. The wife showed me a bunch of pics of me with the kids through the years this morning. Damn it if time doesn't fly.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Thanks and happy fathers day to you guys. This one's my favorite so far because it's my first one as a dad.
Congrats T!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
Thanks and Happy Father's day to you all as well. I've got 2 boys. 16 months and 6 weeks. I know what you're talking about J and MJM congratulations again. Both the boys got t-shirt/onesy that says "Dad's Golfing Buddy" Now, I've got to go to work today. I'm the only Father in the place and I get schedule. :rolleyes:
BUT not the part where you got scheduled. That's a crock of sh*t.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Thanks j hope you have a good fathers day aswell my friend

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
Mine are 21 and 17. Doesn't feel like I've been at this game that long. The wife showed me a bunch of pics of me with the kids through the years this morning. Damn it if time doesn't fly.
Just let em know you can still whoop em today lol

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
The boy would be a handful. He towers over me.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't have any kids yet, that I know of, but I do owe my Dad for raising me up Right. Happy Fathers Day Gators!

:chomp:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the nice Fathers Day thread! You do the very best you can based on the circumstances. Manners and honesty are not based on economics...but a lot of today's youth lack in both categories. Raising kids is always tough, but my grandchildren are clearly going to grow up in a world totally different than mine and that of today. God help them. Our boys are 32, 30 and 29 and we haven't has to recycle any of them yet...so I got that going for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.