Happy Gator Day: Feb 15th

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is news to me...but apparently it's "decades old"??

Happy #GatorDay: Steve Spurrier, more celebrate annual Florida event

http://gridironnow.com/happy-gator-day-florida-steve-spurrier/

There was no football in The Swamp on Thursday, but Gators fans, players and coaches made it a red-letter day – no, make that an orange-and-blue-letter day – for Florida.

That’s because February 15 is the annual Gator Day, a decades-long tradition that promotes the University of Florida.

Not surprisingly, current and former Gators notables participated in the celebration, which “provides students and alumni the opportunity to interact with leaders in our state and communities and showcase our preeminent university.”

Former Florida Heisman Trophy winner Steve Spurrier joined in the excitement at an event in Tallahassee, invading the heart of Seminoles territory.

Former Gators and Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive tackle Jason Odom, an All-American starter on the Gators’ SEC-title winning teams from 1993 to 1995, added his own contribution.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I have been a zealous Gator fan since I turned 12 in 1973. I am an alumnus (‘83). I lived in Gainesville 1980-83 as a student then studied and worked there 85-87.

I had season tickets for 24 years. I devoured every scrap of Gator news I could from several newspapers and Gatorbait before the Internet. I can’t keep up with many of you but I read several sites and check here a lot to get your info and takes.

I’ve never heard of this. It must be the worst publicized item in Gator history. Until BMF.

(And CGGator is a great American.)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I have been a zealous Gator fan since I turned 12 in 1973. I am an alumnus (‘83). I lived in Gainesville 1980-83 as a student then studied and worked there 85-87.

I had season tickets for 24 years. I devoured every scrap of Gator news I could from several newspapers and Gatorbait before the Internet. I can’t keep up with many of you but I read several sites and check here a lot to get your info and takes.

I’ve never heard of this. It must be the worst publicized item in Gator history. Until BMF.

(And CGGator is a great American.)

Despite the extremely obvious and shameless attempt to gain a cheap like from me, I gave you one anyway. Couldn’t help myself, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.