Happy Independence Day GCMB!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Be sure and watch this video. It will fill you with pride.

Be safe and enjoy the holiday. Don't be one of those idiots who blows up fireworks in their hand.

Discuss.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy 4th 'Murica

giphy.gif

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Happy 4th everyone!

It is odd now to think that there were quite a few against the Revolution.
One of the best speeches of that Colonial era that tried to outline the argument was the "Give Me Liberty" speech
Here's the last part of Patrick Henry's speech:

"If we wish to be free, if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending, if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained, we must fight!
I repeat it, sir, we must fight!

An appeal to arms and to the God of Hosts is all that is left us!

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance, by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone.

There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, "Peace, Peace" but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Be sure and watch this video. It will fill you with pride.

Be safe and enjoy the holiday. Don't be one of those idiots who blows up fireworks in their hand.

Discuss.

Love me some JibJab!
Though you could have superimposed some member AVs over the faces, would have made it funnier.
Oh, and a safe and happy 4th to all!
:stars:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. Happy 241st to the longest lived democratic republic in the history of the world. "and this be our motto, in God is our Trust."

Murph265

May 30, 2017
Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. Happy 241st to the longest lived democratic republic in the history of the world. "and this be our motto, in God is our Trust."
Why do people not understand this?! Thanks for the service. I am a former CH-46 pilot in the MC. Happy Fourth!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just remember when you see those fireworks what they represent. Those are rockets and bombs going off as men fought to the death for their freedom.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Happy Independence Day, GatorChatter! Despite the great number of people (including many politicians) trying hard to bring this country down, the USA is still the greatest nation on earth. God bless America!

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
10 fingers, 10 toes - make sure you wake up with them all on Wednesday morning.
Got a co-worker who's a volunteer fireman - that's what he said to me when I left work today.
Be safe, I will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb