Has anyone wondered why Mac wanted to leave UF?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Truth be told is he was never a fit here culturally. The aw shucks, everything’s perrty kewl shtick wore thin and Mac realized people weren’t buying the press conference BS anymore. I think this certainly played into it.

Last edited:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Truth be told is he was never a fit here culturally. The aw shucks, everything’s perrty kewl shtick act wore thin on people and Mac realized people weren’t buying the press conference BS anymore. I think this certainly played into it.
Yeah, the spoiled fans want more than to have fun on a sunny day and sell popcorn... JFC, know your base....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He misunderstood. It was really that, people were saying they'd kill themselves if they had to watch another season of this.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Jim had many gripes. Just to name a few;
1: Thought he should have been lionized for winning the SECe in each of his first 2 years. Complained to everyone that he was the first to pull off such a coup.
2: Felt his 2017 recruiting class was not given the credit it was due.
3: Beat LSU in their house last year after going into the game as decided underdogs.
4: Thought he was giving UF a bargain at $4.5 million, given the salaries paid out to guys like Urban, Jimbo, Nick, etc.
5; Objected to being called unkind names like Bucky and Butter teeth.
6: Felt the last second win against Tennessee proved his ability to develop qb's .
7: Intimated to friends that he felt Spurrier was always looking over his shoulder, and
meddling in his business. Felt Steve should have had an office somewhere else other than just
down the hall from his.
8: Lobbied for an end of the annual season-ending game against FSU in favor of some patsy team.
Felt the Florida Legislature over-stepped it bounds by demanding the annual showdown.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Who said he "wanted" out? When you see a report that it was "mutual" that means a deal was cut, nothing else. If he wanted out he could have quit, another coach recently did that.

Now I do wonder why his boss allowed him to be arrogant and cause issues in the athletic department, such might be cause for being fired, and surely for corrective action. Perhaps people think that football coaches are way more important than they are, no employee should be allowed to cause issues, NONE!!!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
did any of you read that article from marty cohen how mac burnt his bridge with the media literally day one? dude was a grade a retard. how he managed to get married is beyond me.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
1: Thought he should have been lionized for winning the SECe in each of his first 2 years. Complained to everyone that he was the first to pull off such a coup.
3: Beat LSU in their house last year after going into the game as decided underdogs.
4: Thought he was giving UF a bargain at $4.5 million, given the salaries given out to guys like Urban, Jimbo, Nick, etc.
6: Felt the last second win against Tennessee proved his ability to develop qb's .
7: Intimated to friends that he felt Spurrier was always looking over his shoulder, and
meddling in his business.
8: Lobbied for an end of the annual season-ending game against FSU in favor of some patsy team.
Felt the Florida Legislature over-stepped it bounds by demanding the annual showdown.
wait a minute.... is 8 true?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think he knew he couldn't right the ship and the pressure was building week by week. I'm sure the stress was overpowering.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
wait a minute.... is 8 true?
LOL! I think so! He complained about how Jimbo was laughing at him under his breath.

00a0a_bfGT2Zvgzrl_600x450.jpg

"JIM, YOU MADE A GOOD MOVE IN RENTING RATHER THAN BUYING THAT HOUSE YOU'RE IN!"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4: Thought he was giving UF a bargain at $4.5 million, given the salaries paid out to guys like Urban, Jimbo, Nick, etc.
meddling in his business. Felt Steve should have had an office somewhere else other than just
down the hall from his.
Took me a while to figure out you were being sarcastic.

Solid work.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
did any of you read that article from marty cohen how mac burnt his bridge with the media literally day one? dude was a grade a retard. How he managed to get married is beyond me.
You haven't seen him dressed up in the Belk commercials? Babies cryin' and women sighin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator