Hating on the Gators: Catch-all for Cousin Eddie’s comments this season

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He stopped being a coach vs. LSU in 2020, when he sat Kyle Pitts for no sane reason and then pretended he didn't see the shoe toss and did nothing about it.
Oh, he did something about it. He made the player that did it the captain the following week. Tremendous leadership there.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We already know Mullen is smart. Intelligence was never his problem. His problem is his petulant adolescent ego. It’s why he can’t connect with people beyond the initial homeymoon period. And that makes him ineffectual in the long run.

This trait will probably sink his broadcasting career. But he’ll probably get some early praise before he eventually alienates too many people and gets shown the door.

I think you need to clarify in what aspect Cousin Eddie is "smart or intelligent"? When it comes to being a con man to certain people who know nothing about college football, then yes he is what you say. He is smart as a thief and swindler. He is not smart and in fact he is dumb at the actual art of coaching football, x's and O's, managing a program, managing a game, analyzing people as to whether they are capable or not, etc. I agree that his monumental ego is what most people see in him but please do not blindly say Cousin Eddie is smart. He is smart in a very narrow area only, otherwise he is a FVKKING MORON.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tremendous leadership there
sqSqrkv.gif

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I think you need to clarify in what aspect Cousin Eddie is "smart or intelligent"? When it comes to being a con man to certain people who know nothing about college football, then yes he is what you say. He is smart as a thief and swindler. He is not smart and in fact he is dumb at the actual art of coaching football, x's and O's, managing a program, managing a game, analyzing people as to whether they are capable or not, etc. I agree that his monumental ego is what most people see in him but please do not blindly say Cousin Eddie is smart. He is smart in a very narrow area only, otherwise he is a FVKKING MORON.
I think he’d score at least 75th percentile on an IQ test. He’s generally pretty intelligent. But I agree he is dumb in many ways.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Meh, lets wait till we are at least halfway through the SEC season before we start pulling out the pre-season quotes and picks to pile on Eddy. Hell after this weekend he might be looking pretty damn smart.

I’m curious as to what could possibly happen this weekend, the next or any other week this season that could make Mullen appear to be smart. The biggest flaw in the Jones/AR argument is that usually the guy chosen over the other is the safe guy who doesn’t turn it over. Instead, Jones was as much a turnover machine as AR without the upside. There was, and is, no argument.

And I’ll add that about half the roster that made plays Saturday were Napier’s guys. So any losses we face this year will largely be because of a lack of talent, which also falls to Mullen.

This is a terrible hill to die on.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fook Mullentham. He's smart enough to know that he is a condescending azz. And no matter how well UF or AR do he'll do whatever he can to be an azz about it. I truly hope that he never has the ability to coach a team at a high level ever again. He is not about helping kids or anything realated to a team or team work. He is all about himself. He and Brian Kelly are so much alike. He'll have them all at BSPN running him off soon.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
CU-UF has been universally despised as long as I can remember. If I wanted a "fair and balanced" discussion I sure as hell wouldn't be on sports message boards.
I'm sure that's for good reason. But I have to admit, when I first saw his comment saying, "after this weekend [Mullien] might be looking pretty damn smart," I thought he meant generally speaking. As in, maybe in retrospect he wasn't such a bad coach after all, compared to Napier.

Based on that interpretation, I was locking and loading an array of my finest insults, and preparing to fire.

giphy.gif

Luckily I continued reading the thread first, and realized CU-UF was referring only to Mullinz' prediction that we may finish 4th in the East.

Based on that revelation I've downgraded him from a reprehensible azzhole to just a garden variety idiot.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
You just have to work on your timing. As soon as you see him start to cross the street, really step on it. Don’t give up. I’ve got faith in you.
Damn it! :mad: I was all ready to go with, "you need to spend more time at the range," but it took me too long to find a gif of somebody loading a cannon for my last post. :sadnanner:

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
The course of AR's time here should have been similar to Tim Tebow's. Backup with significant playing time in 3rd down running situations his true freshman year, Heisman trophy candidate the rest of his time at UF, and starter for two years or possibly three if we were lucky. But noooooooooooooo. He's going to leave here with only one year of significant playing time, the biggest waste of a player's time and talent in NCAA history even if we win a natty and he gets the Heisman this year.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Man I love you guys, nothing like pushing a button and getting a response.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Where did I say he was going to look smart?! I said MIGHT, IF and a big IF but not impossible, Kentucky wins, then after week 2 he is going to be looking smart. That might change week 3, 4, 5 etc. All Im saying is we have only seen one game. Im old enough to been a part of great one-game seasons only to see the rest of the season TTS.
So that makes you what, 2 or 3?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Meh, lets wait till we are at least halfway through the SEC season before we start pulling out the pre-season quotes and picks to pile on Eddy. Hell after this weekend he might be looking pretty damn smart.
Damn. All the good emojis were taken by the time I read this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.