Have we EVER had this many early enrollees?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The more the merrier! Playing with a short roster has been part of our struggles. This will allow Mac to have room to land more guys still and have room for some studs still on the board.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JMac is trying to get our scholarship numbers closer to where they belong so he can have meaningful spring practices again.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is so amazing to me to see that WM left us with basically the same problem he inherited that he said he fixed!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Feleipe Franks QB - Hopefully RS's to put on weight, learn playbook, and improve accuracy
Chauncey Gardner CB/S/Nickel - I think he contributes a lot
Mark Thompson RB - Will share reps. May end up as a feature.
Dre Massey ATH - at minimum probably contributes in return game, and possible gunner on coverage
Eddy Pineiro K - you bet your sweet ass he'll contribute
Freddy Swain WR - He'll have an opportunity
Josh Hammond WR - He'll have an opportunity
Jordan Smith DE - probably a good RS candidate
Kyle Trask QB - He'll win the heisman next year.....or RS and work on becoming a career backup
Stone Forsythe OL - He'll have an opportunity
McArther Burnett DB - if he makes it on campus, I think he contributes. if he qualifies and Fulton picks us, you probably won't see Gardner at CB
David Reese LB - We NEED him to contribute

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Feleipe Franks QB - Hopefully RS's to put on weight, learn playbook, and improve accuracy
Dre Massey ATH - at minimum probably contributes in return game, and possible gunner on coverage
Kyle Trask QB - He'll win the heisman next year.....or RS and work on becoming a career backup
McArther Burnett DB - if he makes it on campus, I think he contributes. if he qualifies and Fulton picks us, you probably won't see Gardner at CB

... return game, and possible gunner on coverage
Freddy Swain WR ...

... your sweet ass ...

Thanks for noticing. I've been working out a bit.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think you're right on there. I too, really hope Franks can redshirt. That would be good for the Gators because it would mean that our two older guys who have transferred in are serviceable QB's that Mac feels we can win with... That or Treon has had a helluva off season and will be a Heisman contender next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I'd like to see Fulton at CB and Gardner at Safety

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see Fulton at CB and Gardner at Safety
ESPN has Gardner as the #5 Safety in this class, Fulton #3 CB. So what you say makes sense to me. Haven't seen much of Fulton, but Chauncey is going to make a name for himself as a Gator. Dude even looks like a mean and nasty Safety. Him enrolling early will help him get in the system and he should be playing a lot next year, like what alcy said.
CHAUNCEY-GARDNER-150.JPG

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN has Gardner as the #5 Safety in this class, Fulton #3 CB. So what you say makes sense to me. Haven't seen much of Fulton, but Chauncey is going to make a name for himself as a Gator. Dude even looks like a mean and nasty Safety. Him enrolling early will help him get in the system and he should be playing a lot next year, like what alcy said.
CHAUNCEY-GARDNER-150.JPG

I like the idea of CBs playing safety. Your best athletes at the high school level are probably CB, RB, and QB.

Most safeties in HS are probably CBs that can't cover. Of course there are exceptions.

Our last dominant safety, Elam, was an RB.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CHAUNCEY-GARDNER-150.JPG
Best I can gather about Fulton is that he's a mix between Tabor and VH3. Has length and abilities like Tabor but is more of a VH3 mindset. Not sure if he's a better athlete than Tabor or not, but doubt he's a VH3 type athlete

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
I think you're right on there. I too, really hope Franks can redshirt. That would be good for the Gators because it would mean that our two older guys who have transferred in are serviceable QB's that Mac feels we can win with... That or Treon has had a helluva off season and will be a Heisman contender next year.

This is your only warning... write that sh1t one more time and my attorney - known in these parts as "Law" - will be contacting you! :afraid:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
JMac is trying to get our scholarship numbers closer to where they belong so he can have meaningful spring practices again.
Its absurd that it ever got to that point and just as absurdd that the AD allowed it to happen three years in a row and didnt get his dumbazz fired for allowing it.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It warms my heart to see young men so excited about getting an early start on their studies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator