Head coaches making small talk pregame

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve always felt this is a huge waste of time . The head coach has to make sure his team is ready to play , and making chit chat with the enemy only serves as a stupid distraction. I would like to see a head coach actually have the fortitude to call it out for the nonsensical formality that it is.

I can tell you if it were me. I would have signs up informing the other team do not cross the 40 and upon reach of the 45 you will be fired upon with paintball guns . Stay the hell back or your nuts will be black and blue . If the coaches are friends they can make small talk after the game .

Discuss

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve always felt this is a huge waste of time . The head coach has to make sure his team is ready to play , and making chit chat with the enemy only serves as a stupid distraction. I would like to see a head coach actually have the fortitude to call it out for the nonsensical formality that it is.

I can tell you if it were me. I would have signs up informing the other team do not cross the 40 and upon reach of the 45 you will be fired upon with paintball guns . Stay the hell back or your nuts will be black and blue . If the coaches are friends they can make small talk after the game .

Discuss

I actually agree. But you do seem very no nonsense, almost permanently angry, these days.

I’ve often wondered what on earth they could be talking about.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I actually agree. But you do seem very no nonsense, almost permanently angry, these days.

Like Tomorrow? Maybe about how shytty their teams are, but that they are still getting paid 8 Figs regardless. That is probably what they talk about.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

All is well big guy. I always have a few to drink during gator games. I’m not this much of a prick in real life .

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Regardless what many think on here, Coaching is a very tough profession, you’re hot one day gone the next. Between the whistles you wanna make as many contacts as you can get in case your star QB decides to pop on PEDs then your ass is unemployed a few months later.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Regardless what many think on here, Coaching is a very tough profession, you’re hot one day gone the next. Between the whistles you wanna make as many contacts as you can get in case your star QB decides to pop on PEDs then your ass is unemployed a few months later.

That maybe the problem. Too many coaches hedging today instead of just focusing on wining. The entire profession needs more GB25’s, imo.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches making small talk before the game is no different than players making small talk after the game. It’s a very small community. If you’ve never Coached, you probably wouldn’t understand. I’d say ask @cover2 but he ain’t around much so I’ll differ to @Bushmaster .
:
I’ve got no problem with the small talk and often do it. I just always end the conversation with, “Go Fuchs yourself”.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
60400d32b8466ff4b3ed54306f010032.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Handshakes and small talk should only be after the game . Absolutely no player interaction with the other team . How great would it have been if Fournette got lit up with a paintball gun before putting his dirty hands on Torrian Gray a few years back .

Another thing that drives me crazy is the rushed 15 second conversation between the coach and Sara Sugartits literally right at kickoff.

Skirt-“ So Nick , I was just talking to Lane and he told me six plus four equals ten”

Coach “ that’s great to hear . We’re excited and ready to go.

Skirt “ good luck today coach “.

Nick nods and walks away annoyed

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Totally hit Bowden with an under the breath “go **** yourself and die already” on the way out. It’s written all over Bobby’s face.

Bowden looks like he's dressed for a night in the woods. Spurrier's ready to play 18.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bowden looks like he's dressed for a night in the woods. Spurrier's ready to play 18.

So here’s a question. What year was that pic?

Too old(both of them) to be 91 or 93. And I don’t think that’s what Spurrier was wearing in 1997. So I’m going ‘95.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
From my understanding. Paintball gun caliber is the hot topic amongst them, these days.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So here’s a question. What year was that pic?

Too old(both of them) to be 91 or 93. And I don’t think that’s what Spurrier was wearing in 1997. So I’m going ‘95.

Think your right, it looks like an overcast day like it was in that ‘95 game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is the 1995 game, won by Florida 35-24 on a cool, overcast day in G'ville. Spurrier put on a blue jacket after completing his round of 18.

Here they are at midfield before the start of the 1997 Sugar Bowl. Bowden had no idea what was about to hit him.

41c3903fb5640018860f1ee8e4bdba74.jpg

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Pregame that early is aboutnplayers warming up and stretching. Nothibg wrong with some chit chat unless he other coach is a prick, then you just give him the finger.

I always had a few coaches come up prior to and chit chat. Some are really cool. We had a player forget his shoulder pads and the other coach dug out a set for us. We won and gave them back afterwards.

I stopped because I hate losing. I don't even like winning, just hate to lose. Moreno than anyone you have ever met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.